14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Restoring a backed up data file

If we need to restore a data file does it have to be a file backed up in MYOB or can a back up of the file created by a proprietary program e.g. ACRONIS be successfully restored.

4 REPLIES 4
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Re: Restoring a backed up data file

Hi @APCDon,

Thanks for your post. When restoring a data file, it's usually best to have a backup created by the same software or a compatible program. For instance, if you're restoring a file in MYOB, using a backup from MYOB itself or one that MYOB can identify is ideal. A backup from a different program such as Acronis might not be directly compatible unless Acronis has features specifically for MYOB files. In these situations, it's crucial to verify the compatibility and functionality of the backup and restore procedures between the two programs to ensure a smooth restoration process. You can find more information in this help articles: Restore your company file and About backing up and restoring company files.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

APCDon
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your response Earl.

Our business operates 7 days a week so our backups have to happen after hours. Are we able to automate backups in MYOB to a repository on our servers which Acronis would then be able to pick up and backup such that the file backed up would then be in the correct format and could then be restored if required.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Hi @APCDon,

Currently, in AccountRight, backups must be manually initiated by opening the file and navigating to File >> Backup. There's no automatic scheduling feature for company file backups. However, we can assist by setting up reminders. You can activate the AccountRight preference to prompt for a backup every time you close your company file by following these steps: go to Setup menu > Preferences > Security tab > Prompt for Data Backup when Closing. Please refer to this help page for more information: About backing up and restoring company file

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,037 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,037Posts

917Kudos

640Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @APCDon 

A backup initiated by MYOB simply zips the MYOB company file. Restore reverses the process. Provided the company file is local (not on MYOB's servers), you can schedule a system backup using any backup software such as Acronis. You would need to restore the file with the same software before it can be opened in MYOB.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post