Splitting payment across invoices - undeposited amounts not appearing in Banking/Prepare Bank Deposit.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Violellis
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Splitting payment across invoices - undeposited amounts not appearing in Banking/Prepare Bank Deposit.

Hello wonderful person,

I would be so greatful if I could please help me with this as soon as you can.

I need to split a payment of $800 from a customer, across 3 invoices (one for $320, the other two are for $240 = $800). I’m using MYOB AccountRight and I’m following this method…

In the SALES / RECEIVE PAYMENTS screen, I check “Group with Undeposited Funds” at the top (second image) and for each of the 3 invoices I record the appropriate amount against the relevant invoice and record.

Then I go to BANKING / PREPARE BANK DEPOSIT and I expect to see the payments I assigned, but they’re not there!  Heeeelp!

I’m tearing my hair out! I’ve been trying to figure this out for ages! You can see where I’ve reversed some payments where I’ve been trying to work this out. Please disregard these.

Thanking you in advance, so much!

Violet. Smiley Happy

Help Splitting Payments Accross Invoices.jpg
Help Splitting Payments Accross Invoices2.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Splitting payment across invoices - undeposited amounts not appearing in Banking/Prepare Bank Deposit.

Hi @Violellis 

Thanks for your post. The first thing I'd check is the date in the Prepare Bank Deposit window. In those screenshots the date in that window is the 01/01/2020 so only transactions up to that date will be listed. The date of the missing transaction is 18/02/2020 so won't appear.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Violellis
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Splitting payment across invoices - undeposited amounts not appearing in Banking/Prepare Bank Deposit.

Thanks so much Tracey. 

When I opened my MYOB file the date had today's date and yes, the invoices were there. 

Thanks so much! Such a newbie oversight.

Kind regards,

Violet

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@Violellis 

You're very welcome Violet, it's an easy oversight to make.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post