Unable to Apply Debit to Open Purchase Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HampDent44
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to Apply Debit to Open Purchase Invoices

Hi 

I am unable to apply debits to open purchases although earlier I was able to do so.

But now whenever I click on "Apply to Purchases" under "Returns & Debits" in "Purchase Register", non of the Open Invoices are shown in the "Settle Returs & Debits" window. 

Non of the Open Invoices are available

However, if I click on "Include Closed Invoices", it shows me list of closed invoices but non of the Open Invoices are being reflected even though there are Open Invoices to pay.

Further, I even tried to settle the debits by making payment for the Open Invoices as it show a warning message to apply debits before proceeding to pay but when I click on the "Apply Debits" button it shows me the error message "Unable to automatically apply the debit memo(s) to the open bill(s). Please use the Purchase Register to settle your oustanding debot memo(s)."

Error Message on Applying debits while making payment

I am not sure if some setting have been changed.

Can somebody help me out here?

5 REPLIES 5
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Unable to Apply Debit to Open Purchase Invoices

Hi @HampDent44 

Thank you for providing the screenshots.

Typically there are 3 reasons why there are no open bills showing:

- There are no open bills for this supplier

- There are two or more suppliers with similar/same names

- There are different Category assigned to the bills and the debit memos

Therefore, could you please do check if there are still any open bills available, the correct supplier name is selected in the bill and debit memo, and if any categories are selected in the bills (bottom right corner). 

Please feel free to let us know how you go, or if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

HampDent44
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find below my reply on your queries:

QUERIESREMARKS
- There are no open bills for this supplier There are Open Bills availble in the system (refer attached Open Bill & Return and Debits screenshots)
- There are two or more suppliers with similar/same namesAll the details belong to the same vendor and there is no other vendor with the same name.
- There are different Category assigned to the bills and the debit memosBoth bills and debit memos are coming under their respective heads of "Open Bills" & "Returns & Debits" under the Puchase Register.

Open Bills

Debit Memos

But when I am clicking on "Apply to Purchase", the following screen is displayed with no Open Bills details:

No Open Bills displayed for settlement

However, if I click on Include Closed purchases, some closed bills are displayed:

Closed bills are displayed but no open bill is displayed

Please help me to resolve this issue.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @HampDent44 

Thank you for the update and screenshots. 

I'd like to clarify that the Category I was referring to is the Category field within the bill window (shown below), if a category was entered, then only debit memos with the same category assigned can be applied to that bill. Could you please click into the open bills and the debit memo transactions to view if any categories were used?

image.png

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

HampDent44
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Thanks for the support.

Yes, it was the category issue and now its working fine.

Just wanted to confirm is this something new that has been introduced because, I believe, I didn't encounter such issue earlier.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @HampDent44 

It's great to hear you've found the cause and resolved the issue, I'm glad to be your assistance. 

And to your other question, the setting has always been there that only the credit/debit notes with the same category selected as the invoice/bill can be applied to them, thus only the applicable invoices/bills would be listed when applying credit/debit notes. It's optional to use Category Tracking, it can be turned on/off via Setup > Preferences > System, it can also be set to 'required/not required' for All transactions. When Category Tracking is turned on and set to 'not required' for all transactions, there could be bills/invoices with category selected while categories were left out in debit/credit notes, potentially your settings were different in the past, or always had the categories entered correctly.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to post on the forum again at any time.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post