link sales invoices and bills

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Bebrite
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

link sales invoices and bills

Hi team,

I am just wondering it is possbile to link Invoices in Sales register and Bills in Purchase register?

1. If invoices and bills can be linked using 'Customer PO' (in sales register) and 'Supplier Inv No.' (in purchase register)? 

• Our company is a service provider, we purchased something from our supplier (Bills) and then sold it to our clients (invoices), the price difference is our profit.
  • When we received invoice payment, we will arrange payment to supplier at the same time. I am just wondering if MYOB could let me know the which bill need to be paid when we reveived invoice payment from client. 

2. Could you please advise if 'Jobs' can achieve the fucntions above? (I noticed that Jobs can calculate profit quickly for each customer, but not sure if it can complete the job above)

Currently, we are matching all the invoices and bills manually, it works well, but very time consuming and very old fashioned. I am looking for new and proper method to solve this question.

Thank you so much for your time.

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: link sales invoices and bills

Hi @Bebrite 

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

Yes you can create a purchase from an invoice. For instructions on how to do that click here: Creating a purchase order from a sale.

You could also set it up as a job. Create the job and link both the invoice and purchase to the job, so then when the invoice gets paid you can run the jobs report and see which purchase is linked to the same job. For instructions on how to do that click here: Creating Jobs.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post