link to customers invoice not showing correct balance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sarahh02
Experienced User
85 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

85Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

link to customers invoice not showing correct balance

Hi there, 

I have a customer invoice where the outstanding balance is not displaying correctly.

1 line in the invoice has a completely different number.  I can see no reason for this to be the case.

I have included a pdf of the invoice that the client sees when they click on "view invoice" and a screen shot of the invoice from the system.

cheers Sarah

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: link to customers invoice not showing correct balance

Hi @sarahh02 

Not something I personally have come across, however, I wonder if the same thing does occur with a default form such as the pre-printed or plain-paper form.

Potentially, you could look at causing a refresh on the transaction. The easiest way to do that is to place a dot in the memo of that transaction before selecting OK. This should cause the transaction records to be refreshed and thus cause a recalculation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

sarahh02
Experienced User
85 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand
Experienced User

85Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

This client has now paid.  On the system her invoice has a zero balance and all looks good.  If you use the "view invoice" tab in the email that the client received, the header shows the amount paid, but the body still says there is an amount outstanding.  Should the invoice refresh and display as paid with a zero balance?

Doesn't matter now as it is all paid and I sent a PDF instead but in the future I would like to think the client is getting accurate information.

Cheers

Sarah

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @sarahh02 

I think I see what has occurred now - the invoice is an MYOB online invoice that you have sent to the customer? Changes made to those invoices are not reflected in the Online Portal in realtime. So, in this case, what I assume has happened is that the invoice was recorded with $2400 and then the invoice was then sent out to the customer. After that has occurred it was identified that change was required and it was updated to $1286.95 and the invoice was not re-issued, thus creating a difference in view.

Going forward if you are making a change to an online invoice you want to re-send that invoice to the customer or email a copy to an internal email address. What this process will do is resend that invoice to the Invoice Portal thus update any changes on that invoice. 

Note: The Total Due (top left of the online invoice) works slightly differently and will update when the invoice is paid.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post