order to invoice and address changes

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Noel4819
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

order to invoice and address changes

If i create a new order, and i make a change to the address, in the address field. if i then change the order to invoice before saving, every change in the address field is removed and replaced with the original adress.

I can work around this by making the change, saving, finding the order in the order list, then changing to invoice.

But is seems that any change made to the address field is removed when changing from order to invoice .  This happened to me and my staff many times and the parcels have been sent to the wromg address.  This is annoying and starting to get a bit expensive,  Yes I know we should check. but that is not necessarily what happens.  Surely this minor problem (in our case a major)  can be rectified. 

6 REPLIES 6
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: order to invoice and address changes

Hi @Noel4819 

Thanks for your post. If you change the Sales Type field from Order to Invoice before saving the order, you're changing the type of transaction being recorded so the address details will revert back to the default address. If you're not going to record the Order, make sure the Sales Type field is Invoice before making any changes.

If you save an Order, changes made to the address field will be retained when the Order is converted to an Invoice.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your issue or you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Noel4819
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

HI Tracy,

Yes when i start a sale and leave it in order and type in a new address, for the parcel to go elsewhere, and we then change the yellow order into  a blue invoice page, the address reverts back to the old one. 

Yes I am aware of the work around and we should leave it in an order change the address, save and print off and the address will stay the same, then we can go back and change into an invoice.. We DID NOT need to do this in the old MYOB programme. We used the old programme for more than 20 years .

Unfortunately we (12 of us) do occasionally do forget and change the order into an invoice before saving and the parcel goes to the wrong place.  In fact it has happened tp us again last week and the parcel ovr $900 has gone to an address in another state and look like we will not get it back. We will in this case lose the $900.

Surely it can not be that hard to rectify this small problem.

All I can see Accountright doing is adding their own  little buttons to generate more income for them, (ie direct debits, on line payments, loans and Finance etc ) 

cheers   Noel

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Noel4819 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you change the order to an invoice before recording the order, your other option would be to select Invoice before entering any details.

Having said that, I have passed your feedback on to the relevant teams.

Don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Noel4819
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

HI Tracey,

Yes it is best the we should leave it and save it as an order or Invoice and it wont change the address back,

If we go to enter it as an invoice and we have changed the address details and find it wont save as an invoice because we dont have the item in stock, the intended invoice is returned to an order, then again the address changes.  

We know we should only save it in the order or invoice that we started in and not change back if we have changed the address, but people forget and it inadvertently happens and parcels end up in another part of the country.   I dont recall this happening in the old MYOB Premier, in fact i dont recall a lot of things happening in the old MYOB that happens in Account Right,

cheers

Noel

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Noel4819 

Thanks for that additional information, I've done some testing based on that.

I've created an invoice for 10 items with only 3 in stock and changed the Ship to address:

image.png

When I click on Record I get the prompt that there's not enough stock on hand and select to Backorder 7 items. The software automatically records an invoice for the 3 that are in stock, the changed address is retained:

image.png

And an order is automatically recorded for the 7 on backorder, the changed address is retained:

image.png

When I convert the order for the 7 backorder items to an invoice the changed address is retained:

image.png

Clicking on Record and selecting to backorder may be a more efficient method and resolve the issue of parcels going to the wrong address.

Let me know if that method suits your needs.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Noel4819
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

HI Tracey

Yes you have made out an invoice and then backordered what was not available,  Yes that is fine,  we do not do that, with our business that backorder is not really feasible.  You have started off in an invoice  and actually saved an invoice, yes that will work.

Start doing an invoice and change the address and then when you realise you do not have enough of what you want, change it back to a Order and the address changes back to the original.  Or the other way round,  start doing an order, change the address and then at the last minute, change the order into an invoice.

I know if i start as an order and leave as an order any adrress changes stay and the same applies if i start as an invoice and save as invoice, 

If there was a lockout that stops you from changing an order into an invoice and invoice into an order at that stage, would prevent adress changes. After an order is saved you could then go back and save as an invoice.  It would be nice if all products were in stock and computers inventory was totally accurate, then there would be no need to use an Order.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post