"Applied to date" amount has 3 decimal places but payment didn't - leaves balance that can't be paid

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SusieP
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

"Applied to date" amount has 3 decimal places but payment didn't - leaves balance that can't be paid

Hi

We are trying to clean up our file and have noticed a strange thing we can't seem to close out.

Customer invoice was paid in two parts - both of which add to the invoice total - but the Applied to Date amount displaying on the invoice has 3 decimal places of cents leaving .003c outstanding on the invoice and hence it appearing open. We can't delete the invoice or payment and redo as have been reconciled.

I have tried just taking a small payment, and also adding an extra item to the invoice to take the payment - but I can't pay to 3 decimal places so I can't clear it.

Image 1 shows the invoice - with the 0.003 Balance Due.

Image 2 shows the Payments Applied window - with 0 Balance Due.

MYOBIssueImage1.pngMYOBIssueImage2.png

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: "Applied to date" amount has 3 decimal places but payment didn't - leaves balance that can't be paid

Hi @SusieP 

Based on the screenshots you have provided our initial recommendation would be to delete the payments and redoing them. The reason for that is you have an unusual value listed in the Applied to Date field, deleting those payments and redoing them should remove that unusual value giving you 2 decimal places as intended thus removing that remaining balance.

I understand that you couldn't delete that due to reconciled, while it is not advisable in normal behaviour, you can delete a reconciled transaction. This is like deleting any other transaction (open the transaction and select Edit>>Delete transaction). Once that transaction has been re-entered you just want to include that in your next reconciliation OR undo those reconciliations back to that one and re-reconcile those transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

SusieP
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: "Applied to date" amount has 3 decimal places but payment didn't - leaves balance that can't be paid

Thank you Steven, but undoing all the recs is just not a feasible answer or I would have done it. We do weekly bank recs and have 250+ transactions each week so its not practical to spend the time going back to July of last year and redoing it all.

It doesn't seem to me that the system accepts payments of three decimal places - so I don't understand how the system is even showing this - and doubly confusing when the payments screen shows a zero balance due and the invoice screen has the three decimal places.

SusieP
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I have deleted the payments and redone and resolved the issue.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post