Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

User access

Hi, I have encountered issue with access to a external user, i.e. Accountant. The user has been established a while  ago. And they had been able to accessed our compay file. Recently, they could not access the file. 

I have tried removed the access and re-invite them unsuccessfully. 

I then attempted to delete the id, then adding them freshly but received an error message (attached). 

Please help.

Thanks

Lily 

Error deleting user.PNG
6 REPLIES 6
Lily_SFP
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: User access

Much appreciated Shella for your replied email 

However, the issue that I have encountered is not for changing user profile but re-adding an existing (not new user) accountant, whose access has been set a while ago and has never been changed. As due for some reason, the accountant has lost his access and requesting me to reinviting him. 

I have the aministrator role for the company file. But could not to reinviting the accountant's access, but received system message saying that his email has already exsited in the system. 

Thanks,

Lily 

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Hi @Lily_SFP,

Thanks for your response.

To re-invite a user to your company file so they can have access, you may need to check first if their existing user ID is still in file under user access window. To do this, go to Setup > User Access. Under 'Manage Users' window, look for the user ID that was used by the user. Once found, click the recycle bin icon to delete the existing user ID and then create a new one to invite them. More information regarding your concern can be found in the Help Article: Invite a user to an online file.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Lily_SFP
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Doreen for taking the time responding to my question. However, I have done all the steps per stated in your response. I dd advise about this in my first request but was given a procedure to how to delete and re-instate a user. 

Upon delelting (again) the user, I received an error code (also attached) saying: "Error deleting user. An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to https: .............. See server logs for more details"

Please investigate. 

Regards, Lily 

Error deleting user.PNG
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Hi @Lily_SFP,

Thanks for updating us.

Were you able to restart AccountRight before deleting the user access? Also, please ensure that you are logging in with an email address that has an administrator access before removing the user. It is highly recommended clearing you AccountRight to start fresh. Lastly, if you're still having issues after doing the mentioned workaround, please send us the diagnostic log for further investigation. Make sure to generate first the error message before getting the diagnostic log. Here is a post about AccountRight Log Locations for detailed steps.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Lily_SFP
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Doreen for your advice. Per your instruction, I followed carefully the required workaround steps: restart AccountRight and clearing the AccountRight catches, prior to re-attempt adding back the Advisor user. Same error again. Please find attached the diagnostic log for your further check. Regards, Lily
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Hi @Lily_SFP,

If the workaround provided above was not able to resolve your concern in deleting a user from a file, it would be best to receive a direct support for this specific scenario you are experiencing. With that, we recommend submitting a case through MyAccount or engage with our virtual assistant MOCA to dive deeper into issues like this.

Feel free to engage with MOCA through myob.com/support for any queries or assistance you might need. Don't worry if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Feel free to create a post again if you require further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post