Create a template email in Accountants office

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BLOChartered
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Create a template email in Accountants office

I am wondering if there is a way to create a standard template in Accountants Office so that I can go into a client, select a document and press send via email. I then want to select an email template (like you would a letter template etc.) and proceed to the email where I can edit the writing in the email.

For example we send out Tax Assessment Notices so I want to be able to have a standard template saying here is your assessment notice.... and then be able to quickly change the amount they are to pay or receive and then press send.

I have looked at the mail merge wizard system and it seems that once you create the template you cannot change what is in the actual email without actually changing the template each time. It seems you select the template and then it sends - no preview to make adjustments.

Please let me know any ideas you may have on this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
nickypic
103 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

103Posts

0Kudos

13Solutions

Re: Create a template email in Accountants office

Hi @BLOChartered 

This is possible if you are using AO Document Manager. 

You can insert a default template into an Outlook email and then modify if required.  The option to insert is under the DMtoobar called - Std Txt.  This will allow you to select and insert an Intranet template.  The contents of the Word intranet template is then inserted into the email.

If you don't have Document Manager and are looking at the mail merge system inside AO your options are limited.  The Mail Merge area is designed for bulk creation of documents.   The same email template is used for all.  Emails can not be viewed or edited before they are sent.   

cheers,

Nicky
Practice Solutions Product Analyst
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
BLOChartered
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for replying.

We have Document Manager but where We can find the DMtoobar called - Std Txt? 

Thank you. 

nickypic
103 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

103Posts

0Kudos

13Solutions

Hi @BLOChartered 

Sorry for the delayed response.

The Std txt option is available in the DMtoolbar in Outlook.  

Open a new email either in Outlook or via Add Email in Document Manager.  Then click into the body of the email.  Click on the Document Manager toolbar and select Std txt.  The Intranet screen will open and you can select a Word template to insert. 

cheers,

Nicky
Practice Solutions Product Analyst
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post