MYOB Developer account help

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Farhan1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Developer account help

I need assistance in setting up a developer account for myself so that I can connect to one of my clients' MYOB company file using APIs. My client is currently using MYOB AccountRight Plus AU 2023.2.0 version, and I would like to be able to access their company file through my own developer account using the appropriate APIs.

I have been researching the process of connecting to MYOB company files through the API, and it seems that a developer account is required for this. However, I am not sure whether I need to purchase a developer account for myself which would enable me to connect to external clients’ company file or if my client needs to purchase one for me to be able to connect to their company file using APIs.

Could anyone please advise me on the best course of action in this situation? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,393 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,393Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Re: MYOB Developer account help

Hi @Farhan1 

Thank you so much for your post. Here's how you can connect your company file through the API. 

* Register for MYOB API access. Head over to our developer portal and register for API access.

* Build out the OAUTH flow. 

* Allow the user to select their company file. 

* Make calls to the API. 

We do recommend to visit this help articles for more information:  Building an AccountRight API request 
Register for MYOB API access

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Farhan1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Earl,

Thanks for the response.

I understand I need to sign up for a developer account but I want to know if I am working as a third party consultant and I sign up for developer account, will that client be able to grant me access to their company file?

Just to clarify, I will give you an example. I work for company ABC and my client is a different company XYZ who use MYOB AccountRight. If I sign up for developer account from my ABC company email (email@abc.com), will that account be able to access XYZ company file? or do the XYZ company need to create my  user and buy a developer subscription so that I can access their company file?

Hope this makes it clearer. Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Farhan1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can someone please help!
I've been trying to contact MYOB support and have raised a ticket but I am getting no help at all. 

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,867 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,867Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Farhan1 , you should sign up for a developer account with your own email,  then your client company will invite you into their MYOB file as a file user.  You'll also need another user created that has a username and password; your app will use this.  Then when your app connects to the file,  you authorise the connection.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Farhan1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Mike_James , I think this is the information I was looking for. And just to summarise everything, this is what I need to do:

1. Sign up for developer account using my ID

2. Ask client to send me an invite to access their MYOB company file and provide a username and password as well

I can then use the above information to access their data

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post