Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

New employee 'information check' email text misleading

Trusted User

461Posts

217Kudos

4Solutions

461 Posts
Trusted User
New
New

Hi, in the update installed this week, there is this new feature:  https://www.myob.com/au/support/myob-business/payroll/add-an-employee/getting-employees-to-check-the...

Couple of questions:

1. Can we change the default text? I can see that this would be useful since we don't use the self-onboarding. However, and this is a BIG however, the window for us says "ask your employee to check their details" but the example email says "your employer has requested additional information". They are two completely different things, and potentially confusing if we don't actually need any extra information.

2. Can we set the 'provide access to employee benefits' to default to No so we don't accidentally activate it for someone? So many things now we're having to deselect before continuing. These types of questions should always be opt in rather than opt out, or an option to choose a default in the settings. I can't find any settings anywhere in preferences or payroll general information window for self-onboarding.

3 Comments
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @H-TS

Thank you for sharing your suggestion with us. I apologize for the delay in our response. 

Your idea has been moved to our ideas board for better visibility and consideration by our development team.

We truly value your input. Please don't hesitate to share any other ideas you may have in the future.

Thanks,
Genreve

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Thanks @Genreve_S 

They weren't suggestions, they were questions. So I guess the answers to all questions are no?

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @H-TS

Thanks for the response. 

I can understand how those minor tweaks would improve this feature a lot. Regrettably, yes, there is no option to change those. 

Let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
Genreve