Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

STP category for salary sacrifice super for contractors

Experienced User

25Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced User
New
New

I pay contractors as suppliers for their income and employees for their super guarantee amount. 
Last month one of them wanted Salary Sacrifice for part of her pay. 
After I processed her super pay as an employee, I noticed in her Payroll
Reporting her salary sacrifice super was included in Super Guarantee,
not separate category as SSS.  I checked with MYOB help line that the
way I processed her SGC and SSS in MYOB was correct.

When I set up an expense a/c for SSS for this employee in MYOB, the ATO reporting Category is defaulted as Superannuation Guarntee and I can't change.  Shouldn't the category be Salary Sacrifice and RESC to reflect it on Payroll Reporting so it will show SGC and SSS separately (even though she is an cotractor)?   Please let me know what you think.

4 Comments
HDAdmin
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

I use Accounts Right.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,179 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @HDAdmin,

I've noticed that one of our moderators has responded to your other post. I'll now be closing this thread. Please feel free to start a new post if you need help in the future. We're here to help!

Cheers,

Princess

HDAdmin
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

Hi Princess,

Yes I got replies and I am checking with our accountant.  Thanks

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,179 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @HDAdmin,

Thank you for your response. My apologies for the delayed response, but it's wonderful to hear that you're now consulting with your accountant. We hope that they will be able to sort this out for you. I'll now be closing this post, and if you have any concerns in the future, please feel free to come back to our Community forum.

Cheers,

Princess