Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Import/Export;

User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User
New
New

Kia ora

It appears when completing an import (Sales or Purchases), there is no way of including headers or blank lines.

This is fine with a sales invoice, because a Nil amount prints the description and leaves the amount field blank.  So when you print it, it still looks like a header.

However with a Purchase (being used for a Buyer Created Invoice) it puts the $0 in the amount field, so I cannot do headers or blank lines, for visual reasons.

Is there a way around this, because surely importing/exporting files should include all the fields and lines types available in the MYOB programme and data entry fields?

Nga mihi

Tracey

3 Comments
Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi, @Tap78

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

If you wish to have an extra fields and lines available, please see the steps provided below:

• Export the data: In MYOB, navigate to the section where you can export your purchases. Proceed with the export process as you normally would.
  • Open the exported file: After exporting the data, open the file using Microsoft Excel or your preferred spreadsheet software.
  • Edit the exported data: Add an extra line and a header line at the top of your spreadsheet. This will serve as your template for future exports. Make sure not to delete any unused columns or rename any column headings.
  • Save the file: After making the necessary changes, save the file in a .CSV format.
  • Import the file: Go back to AccountRight and navigate to the import section. Use the file you just edited and saved as your import file.
  • Check the result: After importing, check if the headers and blank lines are now included in your Purchase invoices.

You may also check the Help Article: Using an import template for more information.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Tap78
3 Posts
User

Kia ora Doreen

Sorry, i think you have misunderstood what i mean by Header.

I have my import file correct, with Field headers on the first row.  What I am after is the "header Row" or "Subtotal" row to be included in the import option.

If I bring them in as a transaction line with 0 values, it prints all the Zeros, and i dont want these to show.  For visual effect, I want to be able to import "Header/Title" lines into the invoice/purchase document and the ability to include subtotals, but there does not seem to be a way to include these in the import files.

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi, @Tap78

We sent you a private message requesting additional details and it may contain sensitive information. With that, kindly send it through private message only. We are looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Doreen