Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Pay Employee - Add Payroll Category - Refresh list

Trusted Cover User

53Posts

28Kudos

2Solutions

53 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

I am processing payroll in AccountRight and in the middle of the pay run I needed to add a payroll category, Unpaid Leave, to an employee's pay. I clicked 'Add Payroll Category' but there isn't one set up for Unpaid Leave. I went to the Lists menu and then Payroll Categories and added it there, then returned to the payroll processing, but when I click 'Add Payroll Category' on the Pay Employee window, the category doesn't show in the list. I have tried saving and exiting the pay processing and re-entering it, even re-starting MYOB and it still doesn't show.

LiveChat told me I have to start a new pay run for the new category to be recognised, but I have had to do a lot of manual entry in this pay run (manually entering leave taken!! See other 'idea' post today) so I don't want to have to start all over. But it looks like I'll have to, and an hour or two of work is going to be wasted.

Please for the love of everyone's sanity, even if it means exiting and re-entering the pay run, allow MYOB to recognise a new list item. Other databases can do it, so it's not impossible. 

#weneedafacepalmemoticon

"Allow MYOB to Recognise A New List Item In Pay Runs"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2015

Hi @Bek_Lightmare

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and entering pay information

The Add Payroll Category button, located in the Pay Employee window, is a designed to add in an already existing payroll category to an employee. I would encourage other users that would like the ability to add in a NEW payroll category while entering an employee's pay to vote and comment if required for this idea.

2 Comments
BronwynHamster
Trusted Cover User
202 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Was available on MYOB V19

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bek_Lightmare

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and entering pay information

The Add Payroll Category button, located in the Pay Employee window, is a designed to add in an already existing payroll category to an employee. I would encourage other users that would like the ability to add in a NEW payroll category while entering an employee's pay to vote and comment if required for this idea.