Wanting to become a bookkeeper

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Brig1972
1 Post
User
Australia

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Wanting to become a bookkeeper

Need direction. 

I have been a financial planner all my career and I am 45 years old. 

I am wanting to be trained as a bookkeeper 

would anyone have any suggestions to do the myob course would it be sufficient to 

be competent enough to get employment 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Wanting to become a bookkeeper

Hi @Brig1972 

MYOB does have some great courses that will aid clients in the ability to use the MYOB Software. You can check out a list of courses on MYOB: My Academy

Note: If you are solely looking for bookkeeping/accounting courses I would recommend speaking to your nearest education institute for courses they may offer.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,040Kudos

569Solutions

Re: Wanting to become a bookkeeper

@Brig1972 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

You can look at the MYOB My.Academy as @Steven_M suggested, but before you make any decision I would suggest that you have a read of the Tax Practioners Board's website looking at the requirements for a BAS Agent.

Being just a bookkeeper limits what you are legally able to do, even in software. For example, allocating a tax code is giving Tax advice and depending on the circumstance, if you are not a BAS or Tax agent, could be illegal to do so.

One of those requirements is a Cert IV in Bookkeeping, so you would have to at least undertake a course at a Registerd Training Organisation that offers the Cert IV Bookkeeping.

Another thing to consider would be joining a Franchise such as First Class Accounts.

I am a franchisee and have been now since 2004, and am about to renew for my 4th term.

I would not still be a franchisee if I thought I did not benefit from being one.

The training you receive is second to none as they make sure you will repesent their brand with excellence

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post