Forum Discussion

James_Brading
MYOB Product Manager
7 years ago

Advanced 2018.1 release schedule

Hi all,

As you will all be aware, the 2018.1 release of MYOB Advanced is the next major product release which we are wanting to start rolling out to sites in a staggered manner, starting next month in June.

I covered off the release strategy in a webinar last week, and have attached the details to this posting to ensure that everyone is aware of the plans for the roll out.

In essence, we are looking to stagger the release into 4 upgrade windows starting in June and flowing through monthly until September. Below I have outlined the objectives of each release window:

June upgrades

Existing sites

During June, Australian sites will need to be focussing on end of financial year, tax complaince along with STP. On that basis we are not looking to carry out upgrades to any Australian sites, but rather focus on carrying out upgrades to several New Zealand sites. We are looking for candidate New Zealand sites for this upgrade window, so please contact me if you have any sites that would want to be part of the June upgrade.

New sites

New sites going live during June or at the start of July will initially be provisioned on a 2017.1 release version. If the site does not require Advanced People, they can be upgraded to the 2018.1 version.

July upgrades

Existing sites

During July we would intend to continue to roll out the version to an extended number of sites, comprising both New Zealand and Australian sites. Again, we will be limiting the number of sites that will be included in the upgrade to approximately 30 additional sites.

New sites

All new sites will be provisioned on the 2018.1 version

August upgrades

Existing sites

The intention would be to start rolling out the version as per normal upgrade procedures. We would still limit the number of sites to approximately an additional 200 sites

September upgrades 

Existing sites

During September the intention would be to complete the roll out of the 2018.1 version and upgrade the remaining sites.

Key points & next steps

1. The release schedule is contingent on feedback from the EAP process. There has been a number of changes to the structure of the system, so please ensure you carry out EAP testing, especially where customisations are involved.
  2. Please contact me regarding upgrade candidates specifically for the June / July upgrade windows

Any other questions, please contact me

Regards
James 

1 Reply

James_Brading
    MYOB Product Manager

HI all,

Earlier this week, Mark Trumper emailed the upgrade schedule for 2018.1 outlining when all of your sites will be upgraded, in the July, August or September windows.

As you know, we need to notify clients well in advance of their upgrade dates and plan to do this for all sites on Wednesday 6th June 2018. Therefore, we need your feedback as soon as possible on your upgrade schedule. If we do not hear from you by COB Monday 4th June, we will lock in those upgrade dates for each site and send out the client notification.

What do you need to do?

1. Review your site upgrade schedule, detailed in Mark Trumper’s email
    2. Let us know which sites need to be moved to a different upgrade window by Monday, 4th June 2018
    3. Elect any sites to be upgraded in June (which must meet the criteria outlined in Mark’s email) to us

Every Advanced site needs to be upgraded to 2018.1. If any of your sites have deep customisations, ISV solutions or Advanced People, we strongly suggest allocating them to the August or September upgrade windows.

Notifications for every upgrade window – July, August and September – will be sent on Wednesday 6th June 2018, so we need your input as soon as possible.

We know this is a rapid process and sincerely appreciate your support in making this as smooth as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me (james.brading@myob.com) if you have any questions.

Regards

James