Forum Discussion

Learoy
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

1 cent Tax Issue

I raise a Sales invoice which has 3 x separate inventory items. I enter the same ex-GST price for each item. When the invoice is saved the GST inclusive amount on one of the items is 1 cent different. This is causing issues when I email the invoice to the customer, they notice the difference and ask me to fix the problem.

How do I do that?

Why is this happening?

• Hi Learoy , you could try offering them my explanation,  ie at every line, the program is adjusting the GST amount (which they claim back anyway) so as to ensure that the GST on the net total to that point is correct.

I quite agree that on the face of it,  an error appears to have been made.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Learoy 

Thank you for your post. Generally , this happens because of the math's involved in the software it is rounding off decimal places. You can check the calculation of the items including GST in the https://gstcalculator.com.au/ to see the difference on each item prices after GST inclusion. 

To further assist you with this could you send me a Private message with the screenshot of the created invoice and one that being sent.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess 

Learoy
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Princess,

I don't know how to Private Message you. When I click on the highlighted Private Message, I am transferred to another internet tab with no way to type a message.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Learoy , AccountRight recalculates the GST content on every line so that the cumulative GST is always correct. Can you prepare your invoices on a tax-inclusive basis, and ensure that each line has the same amoun?

Learoy
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Mike,

I have tried that but the customer that I send the invoice to wants to see the list price, GST amount & GST inclusive price. They question why the figures are different even if it is only by 1 cent. 

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi Learoy , you could try offering them my explanation,  ie at every line, the program is adjusting the GST amount (which they claim back anyway) so as to ensure that the GST on the net total to that point is correct.

I quite agree that on the face of it,  an error appears to have been made.