55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB desktop version

I've just been advised that as a loyal user and recommender of MYOB since the 1990's, because my serial number is a "professional partner"  serial number it will be cancelled and my client's data files will become "read only" meaning I'll be unable to provide my bookkeeping services any longer unless I upgrade them all to "online".

My clients have specifically instructed me that I am not to put their data online.  To add insult to injury other clients who have the desktop version V19.16 will be able to continue using their data files and confirm when required as they're not "professional partners" and their serial numbers arent affected

Has anyone else been advised who needs to remain active and on the desktop version

23 REPLIES 23
Liz_A
Valued User
331 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

331Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Re: MYOB desktop version

Hi @mistyben 

This sounds very unusual as I would expect that you have a perpetual licence for your Serial Number, regardless of being a Professional Partner. I had been been a Partner up until 2011 when I stopped paying MYOB because I hated the new versions of MYOB and I have continued using my MYOB v19 files (40 in total) ever since, which I confirm when required. I can process clients who are online with their own subscriptions by downloading the new versions but I don't personally need a subscription.  It is possible you are being coerced into paying for subscriptions that you don't need but I'm sure a Moderator on here could confirm whether you have to change or not..........

Cheers

Liz

mistyben
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Liz

thanks for your comments below. 

You prompted me to search back in my archives and I found where i purchased the MYOB program with my credit card back in December 2003. 

Liz_A
Valued User
331 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

331Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @mistyben 

If MYOB do continue to say your SN will be cancelled, then please email me at majubawest@hotmail.com as I may have a solution for you.

Cheers

Liz

mistyben
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

thank you Liz

will keep you posted

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

64Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @mistyben, our sales team is currently reaching out to Practices who were members of our Connected Accounting Program/Bookkeeper Program, with an opportunity to transition desktop files to online subscriptions, with competitive pricing.  
With that opportunity, if a Practice chooses to take up the offer to transition, all data from the desktop file is migrated to the new subscription.  
If you wish to continue working offline after this change, that remains your choice.  
We’re happy to chat to you further about this and encourage you to reach out to your Partner Success Manager.

mistyben
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

good afternoon Mike

after a very confusing conversation with my account manager earlier this week, please confirm that should i decide to stay on my desktop version 19.16 (as a professional partner with serial number ending ...6920 ) for myself and my clients, I will still be able to automatically confirm my files and that they wont be marked as "read only"  

Since the conversation with my account manager i've gone back through my records.  I purchased the MYOB program 02/12/2003 with my credit card $492.00. 

In December 2004 i joint the bookkeepers club and started paying the monthly membership fee. 

I would also like to point out that since 2004 i have paid $24,790.15 in membershp/subscription fees

MikeG1
MYOB Moderator
64 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

64Posts

14Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @mistyben, that is correct, you can continue to use your V19 software in an offline capacity and it will not revert to read only.

Confirmations for V19 and other older products can now be done via self-service (in case you were not aware)
You can find all the information here

Or you can go straight to confirmation.myob.com to generate the code
Thanks!

mistyben
Experienced User
55 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

55Posts

60Kudos

0Solutions

Good afternoon Mike

I'm getting really confused with conflicting information from you and my Partner Manager

I've just received this email from my Partner Manager

"No so any of the files under your serial number that are desktop files you will not be able to use as you are actively currently using but any of your clients serial numbers that are on their own serial number and they are desktop you can still access because they are not directly under your serial number."

I provide bookkeeping services to my clients and process their data under my V19.16 professional partner serial number ending in …6920.  They don't have their own serial numbers and don't have their own MYOB program.

As previously advised I have been instructed by each of these clients that I am not to put their data online

Please clarify your comments below as I've been advised that as a professional partner with the serial number ending …6920, once V19 reaches ënd of life" my and my client's data files under this serial number will be set to "read only"

Liz_A
Valued User
331 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

331Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @mistyben 

Wow - that is really confusing and I think it may be a misunderstanding by your Partner. If not, I'm pretty sure I have a solution that will allow you to continue to use your files, albeit for a minimal fee.

Have you been given a specific date for cutoff? If you have been told it already applies, then maybe you can test a file by going to Setup, Company Information, click on the License button and "Enable Online" and see what happens.

Cheers

Liz

majubawest@hotmail.com

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post