3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Create another company file

Hi, we currently have a number of subscriptions all attached to the one serial number. I would like to add another one. When i try and do this via the software (clicking Online version) it tells me that i need a Subscription and then it takes me to the Downloan screen. I already have the software downloaded. Im wondering how i can go further with this setup of the new company? 

4 REPLIES 4
Isaiah_C
MYOB Moderator
1,535 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,535Posts

67Kudos

125Solutions

Re: Create another company file

Hi @Sivcorp,

Thank you for the post and for letting us know your concern. I'll be glad to assist you with this concern. I'll be sending you a private message to get some information and to help you further.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Envirolab
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Team

We need to create another company file (added to existing serial number)

@Isaiah_C wrote:

Hi @Sivcorp,

Thank you for the post and for letting us know your concern. I'll be glad to assist you with this concern. I'll be sending you a private message to get some information and to help you further.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

, can you advise how to do that please, many thanks 

Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

747Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

Hi, @Envirolab. Thank you for your post here in the Community Forum. 

To create a company file, please follow the steps below:

1. Start AccountRight. The Welcome window appears.

2. Click Create a company file. The New Company File Assistant appears.

3. Select the AccountRight product you want to create a company file for. Make sure you select the product you're licensed to use, unless you want to try out another AccountRight product.

4. Select whether your business operates in Australia or New Zealand.

If you're not licensed to use the selected product, the company file can only be edited for 30 days, after which it will become a read-only file. 

For example, if you purchased AccountRight Plus, and choose to create an AccountRight Premier file, the file can only be used for 30 days.

5. Click Next. The Company Information window appears.

6. Enter your business contact and registration details.
If you have it handy, also enter your AccountRight serial number.

7. Click Next. The Financial Year window appears.

8. Enter the financial year for which you want to start recording transactions in your company file.
For example, if your financial year ends in June 2022, your financial year is 2022.

9. Select your conversion month.

You won't be able to enter transactions dated before the conversion month, and you can't change the month after you've created the file. So make sure you choose the correct conversion month.

10. Click Next. The Accounts List Options window appears.
11. Select the default accounts list you want to start with (you can modify your list after creating your file). If you choose to

start with an accounts list provided by MYOB, continue with step 12

• You can select a predefined accounts list suitable for your business, and change it later.

import a list of accounts, continue with step 14

• You can import an accounts list from another company file or from one that's been provided by your accountant or MYOB consultant.

build your own list, continue with step 14

• You can start with an accounts list that has the minimum accounts required by your AccountRight software and then add to it.

12. Click Next. The Accounts List Selection window appears.

13. Select the industry that best matches your own business. For example, if you're in the food catering business, select Retail; if you're a plumber, select Construction and Building.
A suitable accounts list for the industry you selected appears. Later you can tailor the list to meet the needs of your business.

14. Click Next. The Create Company File window appears.

15. If you want to change your company file name, you can edit it in the Company File Name field.

Select where you want to store your company file. To save the file..

on your computer

on a server on your network

• If you have a network computer that has AccountRight Server Edition installed on it, do this:

a. Select the Locally option and then click Change Location. The Library Browser window appears.

b. Select the network location you want to save the file in.

c. If the library location does not appear in the list, click Add a network library.

d. Enter the AccountRight server’s name or IP address, and give the library a nickname (this is handy if you have several servers).
If you don’t know the server’s name, go to the Windows control panel on the server and select the System option.

e. Click OK.

f. Click Create Company File.

After the company file is created, the Conclusion window appears.

17. If you want to continue setting up your company file, click Easy Setup Assistant. Otherwise click Command Centre to display the Command Centre window.

For more information, you may visit this Help Article: Create a company file

Let me know if there's anything that I can assist you with and I'll be happy to help

If I'm able to help you today, please click "Accept as Solution" to the original thread to assist other users in finding this information. 

Best regards,

Hannah

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Hannah_V
MYOB Moderator
747 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

747Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

Hi, @Envirolab. Thank you for your post here in the Community Forum. 

To create a company file, please follow the steps below:

1. Start AccountRight. The Welcome window appears.

2. Click Create a company file. The New Company File Assistant appears.

3. Select the AccountRight product you want to create a company file for. Make sure you select the product you're licensed to use, unless you want to try out another AccountRight product.

4. Select whether your business operates in Australia or New Zealand.

5. Click Next. The Company Information window appears.

6. Enter your business contact and registration details.

7. Click Next. The Financial Year window appears.

8. Enter the financial year for which you want to start recording transactions in your company file.

9. Select your conversion month.

10. Click Next. The Accounts List Options window appears.
11. Select the default accounts list you want to start with (you can modify your list after creating your file). If you choose to

start with an accounts list provided by MYOB, continue with step 12

• You can select a predefined accounts list suitable for your business, and change it later.

import a list of accounts, continue with step 14

• You can import an accounts list from another company file or from one that's been provided by your accountant or MYOB consultant.

build your own list, continue with step 14

• You can start with an accounts list that has the minimum accounts required by your AccountRight software and then add to it.

12. Click Next. The Accounts List Selection window appears.

13. Select the industry that best matches your own business. For example, if you're in the food catering business, select Retail; if you're a plumber, select Construction and Building.
A suitable accounts list for the industry you selected appears. Later you can tailor the list to meet the needs of your business.

14. Click Next. The Create Company File window appears.

15. If you want to change your company file name, you can edit it in the Company File Name field.

Select where you want to store your company file. To save the file..

on your computer

on a server on your network

• If you have a network computer that has AccountRight Server Edition installed on it, do this:

a. Select the Locally option and then click Change Location. The Library Browser window appears.

b. Select the network location you want to save the file in.

c. If the library location does not appear in the list, click Add a network library.

d. Enter the AccountRight server’s name or IP address, and give the library a nickname (this is handy if you have several servers).
If you don’t know the server’s name, go to the Windows control panel on the server and select the System option.

e. Click OK.

f. Click Create Company File.

After the company file is created, the Conclusion window appears.

17. If you want to continue setting up your company file, click Easy Setup Assistant. Otherwise click Command Centre to display the Command Centre window.

For more information, you may visit this Help Article: Create a company file

Let me know if there's anything that I can assist you with and I'll be happy to help

If I'm able to help you today, please click "Accept as Solution" to the original thread to assist other users in finding this information. 

Best regards,

Hannah

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post