Kate21
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Recover an old MYOB Business Basics file

Hi

I am trying to recover an old MYOB Business Basics file on behalf of a family member.   I think it's from about 2016.  When I open the file I am not able to activate it as there is no serial number (it's blank).  There is also no company file code.  

I do have backups of the file.  Do I need to create a new subscription for MYOB Business Lite and then hope I am able to convert the old file so I can access the data?  Is there a minimum period that you have to have a scription for?  

Or is there another way to get access to the file?  It will only be required temporarily to obtain information for completion of tax returns that were never submitted.  

Thanks in advance for any help....just not sure what direction to take! 

2 REPLIES 2
Liz_A
Valued User
331 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

331Posts

11Kudos

26Solutions

Re: Recover an old MYOB Business Basics file

Hi @Kate21 

You say that you try to open it and there's no Serial Number but what version are you trying to open it with? If it's a Business Basics v1 or v1.1 (Classic version), you can download the correct version from here: https://www.myob.com/au/support/downloads?page=1. I'm not familiar with other Basics versions but they will be in the downloads page if needed. I'm not sure how processing could have been done in the file without a Serial Number (unless they only used it for 90 day trial), so it may just be the version you are using to open it that is causing the problem? Sorry, if I'm totally wrong about all of this but it's hard to say what's happening without more information or seeing your setup. If there is a Serial Number and you want to process in the file, you will be able to confirm it if it's a perpetual licence (I would say it is, if it's 2016) so keep asking on here until you get it confirmed, otherwise make it "Read-only".

Cheers

Liz

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Re: Recover an old MYOB Business Basics file

Hi @Kate21,

Thank you for your post. Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue? Also, could you share your experience with the solution provided by Liz_A regarding this matter? We truly appreciate your contributions to the Community Forum, @Liz_A

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post