Accidentally closed current Payroll Year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Crunchtime
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accidentally closed current Payroll Year

Hi All, I went to process the first payroll for the current year (2020), but an error says I can't enter in a closed payroll year... When cheking the settings (Set up > General Payroll Information) it shows year ending June 30 2021.

I must have acidentally closed the year? or this may be an error? Not sure...

Anyway does anyone know if I can roll that back, un-close it as it were...?

5 REPLIES 5
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,553Posts

1,304Kudos

723Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Accidentally closed current Payroll Year

@Crunchtime 

I hate being the bearer of bad news, but the file is now virtually useless.There is no roll back  of the  payroll area. If you have recent backup or are in the cloud there is a recovery that will need some reentry of data. Find yourself an experienced Certified Consultant who has experience in this area and work closely with them to ensure that the process gives you a true record of both your financial and payroll.

There  is another method that involves opening a new Payroll only file. Staff details can be brought across fairly painlessly and existing data can be entered either as per pay period or as a one off pay. Future pays can then be put back into your current finance file as a journal on a monthly basis.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Crunchtime
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ron... :-(

Golfnut
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'm another user who after recieving an Email from ATO, saying that I had not closed off my Payroll year for STP, have accidentally closed off the current year as well, surely MYOB needs to include a feature to roll back a Payroll Year seeing how you can reverse just about every other transaction.

I have read that if the date is known there is a possibility of retreiving a back up copy off the server, true or false.

I am trying to explain my situation to the ATO, that I will be a year out in my STP data.

Any suggestions?

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Hello @Golfnut 

Sorry to hear that you have had issues with a closed Payroll year.  If you have your file updated on the cloud, you may want to consider the paid backup retrieval service offered for online AccountRight files.  Information for this can be found on this page MYOB data file repair services > (Backup Retrieval).

Do note that this option is not designed to be a replacement for your own backup routines and is only intended for extreme circumstances.  We do strongly suggest that all users maintain a backup system as this is a last resort situation.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Golfnut
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, 

All sorted, I only have 2 payroll runs to re do, and a week of purchases to re do, have obtain a backup copy of company file, alls good, shall be instigating a back up regime in future as a supplement to the online.

Bruce

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post