Change ESA for SMSF

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ggastro
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Change ESA for SMSF

Employee has an SMSF and they advise that their administrator has requested a change of ESA to suit their software.

I am aware that I cannot edit a SMSF.

I tried to input the SMS in lists but as soon as I enter the Fund's ABN it says I already have a fund by that name. So how do I get the new details into Accountright. The only change is the ESA.

Mal.
2 REPLIES 2
Ggastro
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Change ESA for SMSF

Second paragraph should say SMSF.

Previous items in other threads says to create a new Super fund detail and assign to the employee. I cannot create a "new" fund as it is the same fund  and as soon as I enter the ABN I am told that I already have that fund listed.

It is not possible to delete and reinput as the Fund has been used and will not delete.

Is there a solution, It is possible to change a fund's ESA with the Tax office, but apparently not  with MYOB!!

Mal.
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Change ESA for SMSF

Hi  @Ggastro 

When you create a new SMSF, please change the "Name" field by adding a number or letter at the end of the fund's name. On doing this, the fund would be recognised as a different fund and not one that is already saved in the system. Please ensure that you change the "Name" field and not "Registered Name" as Registered Name should automatically fill up when you enter the fund's ABN. 

smsf.PNG

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post