Change Payroll Category

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BreeDeCunha
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Change Payroll Category

I have not yet finalised 22/23 year in payroll.

I have had to adjust the ATO reporting category of a payroll category that was used in 22/23. I have done this, but how do I get it to flow through to the finalisation? I tried to do an update event but it wouldn't let me. I have done the 1st pay in the new financial year already, could that be why? If so, how do I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
jppavone
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Change Payroll Category

Hi Bree, I'm having a similar issue and added a post on here. I would be interested in what response you receive from MYOB. Hoping that MYOB can give an answer to ensure things can be resolved by this coming Friday to allow for the declaration. 

BreeDeCunha
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

28Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Glad I'm not the only one.

Let's hope MYOB provides a response soon. They are notoriously slow at responding!!!!!!

jppavone
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Bree,

I haven't heard anything back from MYOB but I did try to send an updated event in the financial year 2022/2023 where I'm trying to reconcile and it seems to have moved the figures in the Vertification Report to Gross Payments from Allowances.

When I tried this on Friday I didn't realise about running an updated event in that financial year and only had done this with the current financial year.

My only main issue now is not having a Reportable employer super contribution figure appear in the Year-To-Date Vertification Report which I don't think is reflected in the individual figures in Single Touch Payroll with Gross Amounts for the financial year for those that have Salary Sacrified.

I see others have had the same issue so hopefully can work this out.

Kind Regards

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,446Posts

181Kudos

387Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @BreeDeCunha 

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the delay in response.

After you change the ATO Reporting Category for each payroll category, sending an update event will update the figures. If the send update event is not working, kindly process a void pay with a date of June 30, 2023, being the last day of the previous Payroll Year.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post