Deselecting Wage Categories At The Beginning Of A New Financial Year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jaydana1
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Deselecting Wage Categories At The Beginning Of A New Financial Year

Hi,

I understand the need to keep wage categories selected while the current Financial Year they were used in timesheets and processed applies, but at the beginning of a new Financial Year, we should be able to go through and de-select any wage categories that will not apply to that particular employee for the upcoming year which de-clutters the payslip and makes it easier to not make mistakes when doing the timesheets with too many selections being available.  We don't use the traditional "time & 1/2", "Double Time"  which would automatically be correct if their base rate was altered.  As we pay a higher base rate, we pay a set amount for the overtimes and nightshift.  I have them as O/T 1 (Weekly overtime), O/T 2 (Weekend & Nightshift), O/T 3 (Public Holiday).  When some of the casuals were given a small increase however, then I had to call them O/T 1A, O/T 2A, O/T 3A.  Now firstly it gets very messy on their payslips with so many categories listed, nearly like a book now and I would have thought come end of financial year I would be able to de-select the old unused ones and only have the current ones which would be common sense as this is a totally new year and those old categories will not be carried over as YTD totals on the payslip.  Can't you fix this system so that like I said, we can de-select categories that were previously used in the last Financial Year?  They have no relevance in the new year.  The ATO already has all its EOFY reports sent and they have the weekly STP reports.  There is no need to clutter up the payslip with unused categories that don't belong to the new Financial Year.

5 REPLIES 5
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Deselecting Wage Categories At The Beginning Of A New Financial Year

Hi @Jaydana1 

Thanks for your post. Currently, if a wage category has been used on a timesheet for an employee that particular wage category would not be able to be deselected from them. This is because it would corrupt the previous records where that category had been used against employees. 

The way to remove that category would be to delete the timesheet(s) used for that employee. This would involve the deletion of the payroll transaction, which in turn would impact other parts of the program and therefore would generally not be possible in most cases, especially if they are recorded in a previous year.

If you would like to see the removal/unselection of payroll categories that have been used on timesheets I would recommend showing your support for Payroll: Ability to remove categories used on timesheets on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jaydana1
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

If we aren't able de-select it when it becomes obsolete for the beginning of a new financial year and no longer shows any values in the YTD column on a payslip, then we should be able to make it invisible on the payslip.  No need to have every single category ever used printing onto the payslip, makes it cluttered and hard to understand for the employee.  Please make a check box for wage categories and enable us to hide them when no longer used if we can't unselect them.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @Jaydana1 

Wage categories disappear of the payslips in the new financial year as the YTD totals are refreshed. As long as they are not used in a payrun.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Gail_C4L
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

G'day

Would it be possible to create the ability to hide currently unused payroll categories like we do with Cards and Accounts? 

Hopefully we will never use JobKeeper categories again and it would be lovely to remove all of them, for instance, from the ever growing list of Payroll Categories, that I am a little suspicious secretly breeds between pay runs.

If you can pass this recommendation on that would be great.

Thanks.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @Gail_C4L 

I have passed your feedback on. In the meantime you could rename them. Open the unused categories and rename them with ZZ in front of the name, so these appear at the bottom of the list.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post