Duplicated Payroll for one staff

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Duplicated Payroll for one staff

I had paid one staff member early last week for the prior week and to make my life easier I had planned to just do the payment now and then reflect that when doing payroll.  I plan to do that by paying him the difference now and not use the usual aba file for this purpose. Good plan but it meant I had to do two payrolls today - one for the single staff member and one for the rest of the staff. 

I did the single staff member first, reported via STP and then did a second payroll for the remaining 40 staff. 

When checking on the listing of staff being paid, I had a mental freeze, noticing the special staff being shown 

with "standard pay" , correctly not ticked but thinking I had forgotten him and amended this to the hours worked, completely missing out on the fact that I had previously run his payroll individually.  I only noticed that once I lodged the bigger payroll file and was going through the payment part where he turned up twice.

No payments were made yet today but how do I adjust STP, ideally without having to completely reeenter 40 staff?

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Duplicated Payroll for one staff

Hi @TomD,

Thank you for your post. 

You will only need to reverse the duplicate pay for the affected employee, this reversal is then recorded and sent to the ATO - adjusting STP accordingly and the other employees will remain unaffected. 

The below link will contain instructions on how to complete a reversal and report it to the ATO:

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Changing+a+recorded+pay#expand-Toreverseapay

Let me know if you require further assistance, happy to help. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

TomD
Trusted Cover User
134 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

134Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

Hi Sam,

thank you very much for the link and advise. I was a bit panicky yesterday and this looks clear enough. 

One follow up question relating to the other query posted separately

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/How-to-reissue-an-aba-file-for-payroll/td-p/...

- as I was unsure how to proceed when

running the full payroll, I did not complete the process with the generation of the aba file for banking. 

Is there a way to generate now to avoid having to manually enter all payment details?  

Just to be clear, I do have the Payroll Advice Report, lodgement with the ATO has been done but I never did the aba file for online banking.

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @TomD,

No problem at all, happy to help. 

I have just replied to your query on your original post:

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/How-to-reissue-an-aba-file-for-payroll/m-p/7...

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post