EOFY Finalisation with the ATO through the payroll reporting centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sandy2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

EOFY Finalisation with the ATO through the payroll reporting centre

I am trying to do an EOFY Finalisation with the ATO through the payroll reporting centre. I started using STP through AccountRight 2019.1 on 01/06/2019. Gross payments amounts are not showin

4 REPLIES 4
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

708Kudos

234Solutions

Re: I am trying to do an EOFY Finalisation with the ATO through the payroll reporting centre. I started using STP through AccountRight 2019.1 on 01/06/2019. Gross payments amounts are not showin

Hi @Sandy2 

Firstly I would recommend you upgrade to 2019.2.1 so you are on the latest version.

It is likely that you have had terminations in the payroll year prior to setting up STP declarations. If this is the case the ATO do not know about these payroll events

Therefore to resolve the and report terminations via STP:

1. Locate all the terminated employees for the payroll year 2019 
  2. Make employees active again, write down the termination date and then delete the termination date.
  3. Now run zero nil payrolls for each employee (remember to delete leave accruals within the payrun as well).   Submit STP declaration to ATO.
  4. Once STP declaration is accepted run the verification report.   Hopefully, you now balance. 
  5. Note you also will need to enter the terminated dates into the Payroll Reporting Centre as well.
  6. Then once balanced go back into the employee cards and enter the termination dates back into the cards and inactivate

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
Sandy2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Re: I am trying to do an EOFY Finalisation with the ATO through the payroll reporting centre. I started using STP through AccountRight 2019.1 on 01/06/2019. Gross payments amounts are not showin

I am trying to do an EOFY Finalisation in STP. I am using AccountRight 2019.2.1. The Gross payments in the EOFY Finalisation are incorrect for 3 employees. The difference relates to bonus paid to them in Dec 2018. I started using STP only from 01/06/2019. The bonus has been set up correctly as Gross payment in the ATO reporting category. I tried doing a zero - nil pay for one of those employees and then sent it off to the ATO, but it does not seem to pick it up and the difference still remains. My payroll activity summary and register summary are correctly including the bonus payments in gross payments in those reports. Please help urgently as employees are paid weekly and the next payrun is this Wed 03/07/19.

Can I close the 2018-19 year while this is incorrect, Roll over the 2018-19 and start 2019-20 so I am able to pay employees on 03/07/19 and also be able to send this data realting to 2019-20 to ATO via STP and then fix the bonus error for the 3 employees in the 2018-19 FY later? Or do I have to fix this error first before I roll over 2018-19 and start pays for 2019-20 year. I have tried several times to ring Myob technical support on Friday, but was on hold for more than an hour and in the end, my boss wanted to go home although I was prepared to stay back. Can you please help?

Thanks

Sandy2

CuttingEdge
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

20Kudos

1Solutions

Similar issues here too, relating to allowances, but the verification report seems to be ok so figure I'm good to go but now find 2 other issues,

1) Directors super is allocated to an expense account and doesnt seem to be linked to an ATO STP account so my super guarantee figure is wrong and

2) also not sure how to add in extra super payments made to director through Reportable Super (as we would manually add that figure in when doing the paymetn summaries

3) also do we still do EMPDUPE files or do we simply roll over and start a new payroll year as I too do wages wednesday coming

Sandy2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

I created a new bonus –STP – payroll category and did process manual payroll runs for the 3 employees using the new bonus – STP payroll category and then sent it off to ATO. Checked the figures for EOFY Finalisation with STP to ATO & now it balances with my original correct payroll activity and payroll register summary.

I then deleted the manual payroll runs for the 3 employees to avoid doubling up and this seems to be ok now.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post