Final Payslip - unused annual leave & long service leave

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Paula3
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Final Payslip - unused annual leave & long service leave

Hello, I have to process the final payslip for one amployee. I have to add 38hrs worked for the last fortnight plus unused annual leave and unused long service leave.

It will be all in one final paysilp, so my question is when I record the working hours this increases the accrued annual leave and long service leave. Then, should I add manually that amout into the unused annual leave and unused long service leave? 

Payment of working hours and unused annual leave and unused long service leave have to be done in one final payslip because I need this amount later to submit the Employment Separation Certificate.

Thank you very much.

9 REPLIES 9
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Final Payslip - unused annual leave & long service leave

Hi @Paula3 

Thanks for your post. If you want to process the termination pay in one pay transaction you will need to increase the unpaid leave hours by the amount accrued on normal hours paid. The entitlement balance in the employee card should be cleared to zero.

The Help Article, Processing a final pay, has detailed information you may find useful.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Paula3
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you very much for your reply. 

When I record the hours, I add the hours in the Unused Annual Leave and Unused Long Service Leave Category and it says a warning : "paying this leave will result negative balance for the employee"

Current balance: 0.

Accrued this pay: 0.

Leave being paid: 121 (Tis is the amount I get from the entitlement balance report)

Projected balance: -121

Why the current balance is 0 if the entitlement balance and the YTD says that there are 121hrs of Long Service Leave for this employee?

See attached report

Thank you so much

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Paula3 

Can you send me a screenshot of the employee card>>Payroll details tab>>Entitlements for that employee? And is that Entitlement detail report for the YTD? Does the Entitlement summary report have the same totals?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Paula3
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Tracey, 

Please find attached the screenshot.

It is the same totals

Thank you very much for your help.

Paula

MYOB2.jpg
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Paula3 

You're very welcome and thanks for that screenshot. There is an issue currently being investigated by our developers where that warning message can display in error. The balances in your report and the employee card look correct so you may be getting that warning in error. Processing the final pay should clear the entitlement accrual back to zero.

I'd recommend processing that pay but don't send the STP report. You can check everything in the termination is correct and the entitlement balances are zero. If there's any issues you can delete and reprocess the pay. If all is correct you can send the STP report.

If the entitlement balances are incorrect please let me know so that I look into this further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Paula3
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you very much for your reply.

I still have that warning coming up when I process the final pay. See attached photo.

I am going to process this final pay and I wil add the termination date at the end to clear the negative projected balance of -121.28. Do you think it will work?

Will the system let me go ahead with the final pay leaving the long service leave in a negative balance?

Thank you,

Paula

MYOB3.jpg
Paula3
Contributing User
27 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It looks that the only way to record these 121hrs of long service leave without a warning coming up is in the long service leave entiltement. But this is not correct because I am paying the unused long service leave.

Could you please help me with this?

thank you.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Paula3 

If you're getting that warning message in error it's a display issue only and the pay will record correctly. This means that the Long service leave balance will reduce to zero, not -121.28, when you record the pay. 

I'd recommend checking that Long service leave entitlement payroll category has the Unused long service leave wage category selected in Linked Wages Category. Then process the termination pay, allocating the long service hours to the Unused long service leave wage category. Record the pay but don't declare it, click on Cancel in the STP declaration window. The pay won't be sent to the ATO so you can delete it and reprocess if the entitlement balance doesn't reduce to zero or there's any other errors with the pay.

If everything is correct you can then send the STP report in the Payroll reporting centre>>Reports tab.

If the entitlement balance is negative after recording the pay get a screenshot of the pay transaction and the entitlement balance before deleting the pay and send me those screenshots.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

LeanneL88
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Paula,

I think you should enter 121.279 instead of 121.28, as you can see on the entitlement screenshot 121.279 is how many the staff has accrued.

Kind regards,

Leanne 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post