Incorrect Gross Pay in EOFY Finalisation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
hg71
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect Gross Pay in EOFY Finalisation

Hi

I need to do EOFY Finalisation with the ATO before next pay run on Tuesday 11th July 2023. Can someone PLEASE HELP!

My problem is one gross figure for an employee in STP is not correct. The PAYG tax in STP is correct though. This employee was previously on Full-time and then left so I recorded her termination date in her card. She then returned in the same financial year 2022/2023 but now as casual so I removed her termination date from her card and changed her start date to her current start date and removed her old pay categories when she was on full-time and added new casual pay categories. It seems this may have caused the error as the gross in the ATO is only showing her YTD pay from her new start date.

I've tried everything I can think of and run multiple $0 pay runs but to no avail. I can also see that the Payroll Activity Summary does not agree to the Payroll Register, but I have not made any manual changes to this employees pay history.

Thanks and hope this can be resolved.

4 REPLIES 4
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

274Solutions

Re: Incorrect Gross Pay in EOFY Finalisation

Hi @hg71 

Thank you so much for your post and Welcome to the Community Forum! I'd to correct the Pay History on the employee’s card: 

1. Click on the Card List in the Card File command centre
  2. Click the arrow beside the employee's name
  3. Click on the Payroll Details tab
  4. Click on the Pay History tab
  5. Click on the incorrect payroll figures and overtype them with the correct figures

There are two options when correcting the pay history on the card: 

• Correct the Year-to-Date (YTD) figures
    • Choose Year-to-date in the Show Pay History for: drop down. Use the Payroll Activity [Detail] report to correct the figures for each pay category. The downside of this option is that the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports will only match when run for the whole payroll year.
  • Correct each month’s figures
    • Choose each month in the Show Pay History for: drop down and use the Payroll Activity [Detail] report run for that month to correct the figures. This may take longer that just correcting the YTD figures, but it ensures the two reports will always match. By correcting each month, the YTD figures will also match

After correcting the pay history, you will need to send an Update Event or $0 pay to the ATO.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

butch1
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I can;'t fix the same problem that you gave a solution for. Is this because i have processed pays in July'23? 

How can I fix? I think same problem as other user (term.date put in, and then taken off) but I can't seem to manually enter gross per month (i think it is showing 2024)

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @butch1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to Community Forum. 

Let us know more details about your issue, so we could find a fix specific to your need. 

We look forward to your response. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to include them in your next response.

Cheers, 

Genreve

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Hi @butch1

Feel free to let us know if you still need any assistance. 

If you have any other concerns or questions feel free to create a new thread in the forum or include them in your next response. 

Cheers,

Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post