Invalid software ID

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Invalid software ID

Somewhere between 7 January 2022 and 10 January 2022 something happened to MYOB STP that has resulted in many of my STP ATO reports being rejected for several clients since then. To get ATO to fix it requires me to look up a document ID for each client, requiring me to log into the BAS Portal and look them up. Then spend a couple of hours on the phone to ATO getting the software ID code for MYOB fixed one by one. I have already had to do this with three MYOB Essentials clients with the same error in each case - a missing or invalid software ID code for MYOB Australia. As the STP reports were all accepted prior to 7 January and this is nothing that I have done, why should I have to spend this time fixing MYOB's glitch?

8 REPLIES 8
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Invalid software ID

Hi @brasstacks

Thanks for your post and feedback. Can you please provide me with the Error code you get when the reports are rejected within the payroll reporting centre so that I can take a look into this. 

Additionally, these help articles also have more information that may help:

Rejected reports in STP

Notify the ATO you're using MYOB for STP

Connect to the ATO for STP

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

ATO error code: SBR GEN. Auth. 008

brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

It appears that the reports lodged prior to 31/12/21 were OK, even those with holiday pays into January. But from the first January pay entry onwards, they have been rejecting. Example file:****** Everything prior to 31/12/21 accepted, everything since rejected.

Sensitive information deleted ^KS

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @brasstacks

Thanks for the details. Looking at that error code on the ATO website, it indicates that your nomination with the online (cloud) software provider does not contain the correct Software ID.

This error only occurs when the Software Service ID (SSID):

• is not correct; or
  • does not correspond to the correct ABN.

The instructions to fix this message are listed below: 

You should confirm the ABN and SSID you are lodging under:

• log on to Access Manager (accessed via RAM)
  • select 'My hosted software services'
  • update the SSID.

Agents trying to lodge via the employer's software will need to link the SSID on the employers ABN in access manager. Agents lodging as a Tax/Bas agent need to link their own unique SSID

Refer to Cloud software authentication and authorisation for more information.

We're unable to update these details, to fix the error code the above will need to be submitted and updated.

Do let me know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

I wish you people would read and digest a complaint before you fire off glib responses about things can "only" occur such-and -such. As I stated, all reports LODGED AFTER A SPECIFIC DATE have been rejected by ATO on the basis of an incorrect software ID. Prior to this, they were accepted WITH THE SAME SOFTWARE ID. What about this is so difficult for you to get your head around? I have done nothing, changed nothing, continued to process work as before. I have been using MYOB since 1992 and I really get tired of patronising know-it-all responses. I do not have time to track down each client's document ID's and ring ATO to have a software code re-inserted that has not been changed and is no different to the one that was accepted since STP started. MYOB's reponse typically in the first instance to any complaint is always "the customer has got it wrong" instead of actually acknowledging that maybe, just maybe, it's MYOB's error. I might have to get my clients to flood you with complaints about this so that you'll take notice.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @brasstacks

Thanks for your feedback. 

The MYOB Support Moderator team are here to answer queries about the MYOB software. While we do understand the frustration, in some instances, we do need to refer a Community Forum user to seek additional assistance and resources from a second party such as the ATO. This can aid in the investigation process and help come up with outcomes for users.

In addition to that, the responses that the MYOB Community can provide are based on the information that we do receive and the knowledge we get from the posts. So ensuring all the information available such as error log information can aid in an investigation towards a situation.

With respect to your situation, as this is not a common situation that we have come across with regards to the software (outside of the situations that have been listed previously on this thread). As such, there would be some additional questions we would require offering further assistance. For example – if multiple customers are impacted, getting an example of one or two cases would be ideal.

• Are you lodging as a tax agent or as an employee of the business?
  • If you are you lodging as a tax agent, has your software ID changed?
  • The email address you are lodging under is that the correct declarer?
  • Is the software ID in the software registered in Access Manager?

It is also worth point out that depending on the outcome, you may not need to contact the ATO. In most cases, once you have ensured that the Software ID is correct, you can process a $0 pay to ensure that the year-to-date values are updated.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

Have just spent the morning on the phone to ATO fixing up eleven clients. In each case, the Software ID had disappeared off the ATO's link (even though it was still in the ATO Settings in MYOB) and even the historical record had disappeared. It may be a coincidence but 1/1/22 was also the start-up date for STP Phase 2. I have never received advice about Phase 2 from either ATO or MYOB, and I only knew of it after a client forwarded an email they had received. As far as I can see, the only change that needed to be made re: STP Phase 2 in each file was another allocation of Payroll Categories to (example) Gross Payments from "to be assigned" under STP Phase 2. This has been done in each file. I will now run a dummy pay through one of the files to see if the STP report is accepted by ATO. If I don't add to this, it means everything has worked and STP will update with subsequent pay runs for each client.

brasstacks
Partner
89 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

89Posts

7Kudos

2Solutions

I ran a personal pay through my Essentials file and STP report was accepted by ATO so it appears te problem is fixed. Another unchargeable wasted morning, all the same.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post