New user using the same email address

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tracey12
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

New user using the same email address

Hello,

We use a generic email address in the office and staff do not have their own. A staff member has left and I now need to set up the next user but they need the same email address. I know this is not what you recommend but this is the only way I can do it. Can you please let me knwo how I do this? It tell sme the email address is already in use.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: New user using the same email address

Hi @Tracey12 

I’m assuming you have it set up so that the user only has to enter in their email address and they can log in, without the need to put in the user ID and corresponding password as well.

If that’s the case youll need to go to Setup > User Access and open the User ID for the user that has now left by clicking on the arrow. Untick the “This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account” option. This frees up the email address for the new user to have it associated with their user ID.

Note that if you are reusing the same email address, its good practice to have the user change the my.MYOB password associated with that email address. This ensures that the former employee cannot gain access to the file using the previous credentials

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post