Overpaid employee - complex situation with personal info

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
EmmaLB
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Overpaid employee - complex situation with personal info

I cannot find anywhere that I can email a MYOB team member directly and privately, but I also cannot post details of my issue publicly as I believe it requires disclosing personal information of an employee, which I'm obviously not going to do! 

Short form: Employee has been overpaid, but we can't find a way to move the overpayment into our sundry debtors account, a few extra transaction lines have been generated by my trying to figure it all out, it's a mess but it still balances.

Is it possible for a team member to contact me privately so I can provide things like screenshots? My remote desktop setup doesn't function with remote viewing so a phone call won't work either, I know it's a pain but this is what I need to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Overpaid employee - complex situation with personal info

Hi @EmmaLB 

Thanks for your post. How you handle an employee overpayment will depend on what happened with the overpayment in real life.

Scenario 1: The payrun and amount transferred to the employee are both overpaid

• if the employee is not repaying the overpaid amount, adjust the next pay by reducing the wage category that was overpaid
  • if the employee is repaying the overpaid amount, process a negative adjustment pay and match this transaction to the repaid amount in bank feeds

Scenario 2: The payrun is overpaid but the correct amount was transferred to the employee

• reverse and reprocess the payrun with the correct amount

Scenario 3: The payrun was correct but the amount transferred was overpaid

• if the employee is not repaying the overpaid amount, reverse the payrun and reprocess the payrun so that the net amount matches the amount paid, adjust the next pay by reducing the wage category that was overpaid
  • if the employee is repaying the overpaid amount, the bank statement will have the withdrawal and deposit which should equal the net amount on the pay transaction. Hide the bank feed transaction, manually reconcile the pay transaction by ticking it.

The Help Article, Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment, has detailed information on processing the adjustment pays.

If you need further help you can send me screenshots by private message.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post