Payroll Pay Liabilities (Superannuation) Issue - unable to resolve

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MelHawkes
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Pay Liabilities (Superannuation) Issue - unable to resolve

I have rung the help line 3 times and am currently on hold for the fourth time. I did not receive the promised call back from last Thursday from a MYOB Staff.

We have two employees that have salary sacrifice their wages. The series of events and problem is as follows:

• New Payroll Categories were created
  • Payroll was run
  • Pay liabilities were processed for the salary sacrifice for two employees
  • Error was found in the pay for these employees (the Payroll Categories were linked to the PAYG Withholding Code instead of the Salary Sacrifice Code
  • Pay was reversed for the employees
  • Pay was re-run for the employees

When using Pay Liabilities in the Payroll Tab the reversal of the pays are not being recognised as a negative Superannuation Liability. I need to process the Pay Liability for the Superannuation payment that has been made already.

As I cannot process the payment in MYOB I cannot reconcile the bank account and this is affecting my month end process for May 2022.

Is there any way that the liability reversal can be recognised as the payslip cannot be deleted. The following error message appears when I attempt to delete the payslip "The pay has been reported to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll. For reporting purposes you will have to reverse the pay transaction instead of reversing it"

This will just increase the erro rather than fix this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll Pay Liabilities (Superannuation) Issue - unable to resolve

Hi @MelHawkes 

Thanks for your post. We are aware of an issue where payrun reversals are not appearing in the Pay Liabilities window, our developers are investigating this.

So that you can process that Pay Liabilities transaction:

1. reverse the reversal by processing a positive pay transaction, make sure it is includes all amounts and hours as the reversal. This will cancel out the reversal.
  2. record a manual reversal by processing a negative pay transaction, this will appear in the Pay Laibilities window

To assist in the future, if the only issue in the payrun is the wrong Linked Payable Account has been selected for a payroll category you can record a journal to move the amounts from the incorrect account to the correct account instead of reversing and processing the pays. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MelHawkes
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Pay Liabilities (Superannuation) Issue - unable to resolve

Hi Tracey

Thank you for your reply but this will not work it will just add to the pay liabilities making the situation worse. I finally got through to your helpline and they are escalating this for a fix. I have provided screenshots and I think my issue is finally understood.

I will do a temporary transaction until it is resolved properly.

Thanks

Melissa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post