Payroll Reversal

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RS73
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Reversal

I've reversed the same payroll entry multiple times. Didn't realise the original entry remained so kept thinking it hadn't worked. What should I do to all the extra reversals??

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

742Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Reversal

Hi @RS73 

If those reversals have not been declared to the ATO, a solution to this situation would be deleting extra reversals by following the steps given below:

1. Navigate to Setup>>Preferences>>Security.
  2. Ensure that Transactions Can't be Changed They Must be Reversed is disabled.
  3. Once you have checked those preferences, select one of the reversals so you have the Pay Employee on screen showing that reversal pay.
  4. Select Edit>>Delete Transaction.

The above process will clear extra reversals so you would have a positive and negative which cancel each other out. 

If you have done another payruns after the reversals, the reversals would have been declared to the ATO and cannot be deleted. In that case, please go to Find transactions>>Search by Card=Employee>>Enter the date range for original and reversal payruns, and attach a screenshot of that window so we can check how many extra reversals are entered. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RS73
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Reversal

Thanks for the advice.

I've worked out how many reversals I did and have processed the pays again to balance them out aI had reported them to ATO.

It all looks fine now. Payslip is correct now so I assume all good.

Thanks.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post