Phone support disaster - beyond frustrating

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JackieW
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Phone support disaster - beyond frustrating

I called support, sat on hold for 30 mins and was caller # 2, then was cut off.  Surprisingly (very much appreaciated) I was called back almost immediately and told I would be transferred to payroll team.  When I asked how long the wait time would be I was told approx. 13 mins so I agreed to be transferred.   When I was transferred the message stated the wait time would be around 55mins.   I don't have another 55mins to waste and I cannot charge my client for my time sitting waiting on the phone.   Beyond frustrating and annoying given the monthly cost of AccountRight. 

I had already posted my problem on this forum but I require an urgent solution. hence my calling phone support.

4 REPLIES 4
JackieW
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Superannuation not calculated in OCT & Nov

Several new employees have been late getting back to my client with their Super Fund details.  My client forgot about chasing them and as she hadn't ticked the SGC Employee box, the super didn't caluclate and trigger her memory.  They have finally provided their details and we did a adjustment pay run with 0.0 hours etc and entered the owed amount in Super as at 2/12/21.

However, Superannuation is still not calculating on the wages despite SGC Employee box being ticked.  From an earlier post on this forum I gather the adjusting payrun has created the problem but I am at a loss as to how correct the problem.

urgent assistance would be appreciated.

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Re: Phone support disaster - beyond frustrating

Hi @JackieW,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear of your experience with our phone support team, I have passed this onto the relevant teams as you should have been made aware of the correct waiting time, but I am more than happy to assist you here.

In regards to your issue, processing a Super adjustment in a current month can cause the rest of the month to calculate incorrectly - or not at all. The first thing I would do is run a dummy pay run (for the affected employees) in the next month (January) to see if the issue persists. If it is calculating correctly in future months, you will just need to manually enter the 10% Super for the remainder of December pay runs only.

Let me know how you get on, happy to assist. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

JackieW
Trusted Cover User
100 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

100Posts

30Kudos

5Solutions

Thank you for your response.

If i do the dummy payrun in January the SGC calculates correctly.

I just to confirm that by correcting the Superannuation manually it will not have any precussions? 

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JackieW,

Great to hear it is working for the next month!

Correcting the Super manually for the remainder of the month is the correct workaround for this issue. No known issues have been reported as a result of doing this process, but please do let us know if you encounter any.

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post