STP2 browser readiness tool

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
payrollers
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

17Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

STP2 browser readiness tool

I am working through the list on screen to assign STP2 categories.

Couldn't see a particular category I expected in the list which is definitely in the normal AccountRight Payroll category screen.

There may be more missing however it is difficult to check them off when they can't be sorted alphabetically in the browser tool and we have numerous categories including many that I would make inactive if MYOB had that function. 

Any suggestions apart from working between 2 screens and checking through the whole list top to bottom to work out which ones aren't showing?

What would be the reason a category isn't showing?

What is the ordering based on in the browser tool?

Thanks in advance for any input.

3 REPLIES 3
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Re: STP2 browser readiness tool

Hi @payrollers 

Thanks for your post. In this article you will find a list of the ATO reporting categories in STP phase 1 and 2: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll

What reporting categories do you believe are missing in the browser that you have in the desktop version of AccountRight?

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

payrollers
Experienced Partner
17 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

17Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Yanike,

I copied and pasted the payroll category listing from the browser tool into a spreasheet and sorted alphabetically. I found there were over 20 of our payroll categories not appearing in the online browser list. They seem to be categories we have never used or have not used for a long time. So the fact they are not showing may be of little consequence but I think it would be preferable to have all showing in the checker to ensure I've had the chance to assign ATO categories to them. If I went to use one of these old categories again after swiching to STP2 would MYOB identify that and alert me to assign an ATO category? 

It would be great if old payroll categories could be marked inactive when they are no longer being used - like employee cards can be marked inactive. When you have been using MYOB for a long time with a large payroll then you end up with alot of categories both in use and no longer used and reducing the list would be most helpful.

Maybe the formating of the browser tool webpage only has provision to show a certain amount of categories and we exceeded that. It would defiitely help if what was listed was shown alphabetically or have the ability to re-sort alphabetically. I can't tell by looking at the list how they are ordered!

Thanks

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @payrollers 

You can't make payroll categories inactive because they are used in historical payroll data, so if an employer needs to print old payslips for an employee those payroll categories need to be active. You could rename the old payroll categories to 'zzzcasual' so they will appear at the bottom of the list. 

When you are doing the STP2 check, it mentions only pay items that have been used in past payroll transactions will show in the list:

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

The way the categories are ordered is based on when the payroll categories are added to the file. Eg the newly added payroll categories appear at the bottom. 

I  hope this clarifies it for you!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post