STP2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Girlie
Contributing Cover User
19 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

19Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP2

Hi

Already tranferred the Business reporting to STP2 it was all good, however I have some questions;

After transferred do I need to click the "Send  Update Event" in browser and send to the ATO? What happen to the passed employees worked for FY 21/22 was reported in STP1? By clicking this, will be updated the ATO records in STP2?

Tried to open the Payroll Reporting Centre in Desktop AccountRight Online this will re-direct to the browser and need log in details to open. Can I stil process the pays, finalisation etc., using the deskstop AccountRight Online and send the pay event to the ATO as normally do? In accessing STP reports using browser only?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: STP2

Hi @Girlie 

The 'Send update event' button sends your employee's latest YTD payroll totals to the ATO, before STP 2 you would need to record a $0 pay to achieve this effect. After transferring to STP 2, any new pays recorded & sent to ATO will automatically update the YTD total, so you just need to send update event for employees worked this payroll year but receives no further pays after transferring to STP 2. 

Using STP 2 it does require the AccountRight company file to be online, and the Payroll Reporting Centre can only be accessed in a web browser. This means you can record payroll transactions as you normally do in AccountRight desktop app, but as soon as you need to access the payroll reporting centre for anything it will move to the browser.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Girlie
Contributing Cover User
19 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

19Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Clover

Follow up question and clarification please apologies;

Send update Event- Do I need to send even all employees were active for FY 2021-22 or will choose and send only an update event for finished/terminated employees for FY 21-22 to capture their YTD records for STP2?

All submitted pay event can view in STP reports through the browser is that includes the finalisation YTD reports?

Processing payroll and finalisation will normally do in AccountRight desktop only for viewing payroll reporting centre in browser?

Thank you.

regards

Girlie

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Girlie 

Each time a pay run is reported via STP it updates the YTD records, so you don't need to manually update event for employees who have more pays to come. Having said that, there's no harm to send update event for any employees as it merely updates their YTD records. My suggestions is sending update event for all employees worked this year and terminated for now, then use this option again whenever needed for other employees (e.g. if their YTD data is incorrect in ATO's portal).

You'll need to access the Payroll Reporting Centre to view all submitted pay events, run the YTD verification report or complete end of year finalisation, same as before STP 2, the difference is that the Payroll Reporting Centre now opens in the web browser instead of within AccountRight. For more details please feel free to check out this Help page - Getting ready for STP Phase 2, which explains what happens after moving to STP 2.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post