School Based Apprentice - 25% Training Payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HB_TI
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

School Based Apprentice - 25% Training Payment

I have a new school based apprentice (SBA) starting, which includes a weekly 25% training payment based on total hours worked. Is there any way I can set this up as a wage category? Im thinking something similar to superannuation where the % is automatically calcualated based on total wages, but paid to the SBA per week.

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: School Based Apprentice - 25% Training Payment

Hi @HB_TI 

You wouldn't be able to set it up based on the total hours worked. This is due to the fact that wage categories would be based on a set amount per pay (like salary) or the employee's pay rate, not the hours worked of other categories.

In saying that, it doesn't mean that you won't be able to create it. There is a likely way that you can do it, it would need to be a matter of narrowing that down - probably would not be an automated process and involve entering an amount or hours into the Process Payroll window each pay period. However, if you can give us some more information on how that payment will work and an example with values that would be ideal. This way we can look at how best to set it up.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

HB_TI
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: School Based Apprentice - 25% Training Payment

Thanks for your reply Steven. I thought as much. Im ok to enter in manually each pay period, however it would have been lovely to set it up as an automated option. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post