Unneeded payroll categories

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RoxyAtButtery
Experienced Cover User
63 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

63Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unneeded payroll categories

Hello. In the process of generating an entitlements summary report, are calculations made for each entitlement type, whether it has been allocated to an employee or not? Due to the way we needed to do a file migration in the past, we have ended up with about 30 leave types that haven't been used for about 4 years (but we can't archive or delete them). We are having trouble generating entitlement reports for our 100 current employees and I thought that might be contributing. Cheers, Roxy.
2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Unneeded payroll categories

@RoxyAtButtery 

Hi Roxy

Thanks for your post. The Entitlement Balance reports display the hours and values of entitlements that have accrued through processed payruns. As such, only the entitlement categories that have been assigned to an employee will be listed in those reports.

Your issue with running that report may be that it is timing out due to the large amount of data that it needs to gather. Can you try running it for a smaller number of employees and see if that works. Can you also let me know what happens when you try to run the report, what error message you're getting?

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RoxyAtButtery
Experienced Cover User
63 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

63Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Unneeded payroll categories

Hi @Tracey_H ... so a bit of background ... I was just getting around to posting this query from our YE problems when we couldn't run the reports for year end reconciliations. It wasn't generating an error message at the time ... it just kinda gave up after a few minutes and pretended I hadn't run the report. If I run the report now for October for all staff it works. If I run the report for all staff for July to October it works. If I run the report for last FY for all staff it works. Something has changed but not from our end. Will keep an eye on it and comment again later if the problem arises again. Thanks!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post