User Access

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
algonsteel
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

User Access

I have a user that needs to be able to delete POs, however I dont want to give her access to Payroll or Reports. If I give her access to Purchases, Banking, Cards etc. then she cant delete a PO, however if I give her access to Bookkeeper she can, BUT, she then also has access to Payroll.

What can I do about this?

TIA, Jo.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: User Access

Hi @algonsteel 

AccountRight does have a series of default roles each with a different set of restrictions. The good news is that users can update these restrictions via Setup>>User Access>>Manage Roles. So, in your case, you navigate to the Manage Roles>>Select Purchases for example, and then tick General -- Allow Delete/Reverse. This would give anyone with the Purchases role access to delete or reverse transactions (without needing to give them other roles).

Also, a really good tip on the Manage Roles is that if you right-click a Role on the left-hand side you can select Duplicate Role. This gives you a new role to which you can grant to a user. So, you might have two staff members that need to enter sales but one needs that delete/reverse access you can set up the role minus that delete/reverse, duplicate the role, enable that access for that other role. You can then go to the Manage Users to grant the necessary role to each user.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

algonsteel
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

3Kudos