payroll deduction and PAYG error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Greg_Shipp
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

payroll deduction and PAYG error

Hi MYOB community.

Im using MYOB AccountRight Premier v.2022.9.0

I have an employee who has selected tax free threshhold and would like to salary sacrifice to their Superannuation fund of choice.

They work very few hours and so are under the tax free threshhold. When I added the salary sacrifice as a deduction I get a non-zero PAYG deduction, even though they are well under the ATO tax free threshhold.

Why is MYOB doing this? See image below. How can I over-right the PAYG-deduction to be zero? I really don't wont to the employee payslip to include a PAYG-deduction, however small.

Thanks in advance.

Payroll deduction and PAYG error.jpg

Payroll deduction and PAYG error.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: payroll deduction and PAYG error

Hi @Greg_Shipp 

Under Setup>>General Payroll Information - do you have a value in Round Net Pay Down to a Mulitple of x cents? Based on the values I would assume you have 5 listed in that field.

What happens when you add a value in that field Round Net Pay is that it will round the net pay amount of the employee to that value with the residual amount going to the PAYG component. So in your case, the employee's actual net pay is $92.07 (81.84 + 20.46 - 10.23), this is rounded to $92.05 with the 0.02 cents going to PAYG.

So in your case, to remove that PAYG component you would either need to:

• Set the Round Net Pay Down to a Multiple of x cents value to be 0 so it doesn't round
  • Ensure that the net pay is an exact rounded decimal place amount of the Round Net Pay Down value - this would mean changing the amount paid to the employee or the salary sacrifice amount.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post