Can't email invoices since v 2022.8

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MYOBGav
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't email invoices since v 2022.8

Issues since 2022.8, but I wonder if may also be related to the most recent Windows (forced) update.  Driving me crazy, so frustrating not being able to email invoices.  (Desktop version of 2022.8).  MYOB please advise resolution or workaround.  From my phone calls to MYOB over the last couple of weeks this is a common issue (many hours on hold also not good).  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling MYOB as advised but made no difference.  I tried uninstalling latest Windows update but restarting computer Windows simply reinstalled it... :-( I also tried repairing Office but that made no difference either. Please help, we need to email invoices so we can be paid...

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: Can't email invoices since v 2022.8

Hello @MYOBGav 

What is the current default method of emailing out? Do you have it set that Outlook or AccountRight is the default emailing system? I would suggest swapping to the other one to see if that resolves the issue. 

Are you able to also please provide some more details surrounding this. When you say you can't email, are you getting any error messages? is it going through the actions and just not sending? 

I have linked our Help Article on setting the default delivery method which will show you how to switch between Outlook and AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

MYOBGav
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris, thanks for your response.  This company file is desktop only, so I can't use AccountRight to email directly (as only available for online versions).  If MYOB made this option available that would be a workaround until they resolve the main issue.  We have another company file that is online, and emailing directly from AccountRight works, whilst emailing via Outlook also doesn't work on that one. I'd definitely prefer to email using Outlook though, as I have done for years, as I have backups in place using that system.

Sorry for the lack of details - when emailing (from Sales, Print/Email Invoices) from desktop version of AccountRight, since v2022.8, it looks like it has sent, but a few seconds later an error message comes up, "Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close", error details show "System.InvalidCastException", 

"Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002802B (TYPE_E_ELEMENTNOTFOUND))."

The first time I phoned MYOB for help I was told this was a widespread issue, and they were working to resolve.  I've phoned back several times since (hours on hold) but no solution to date.  Very frustrating as extremely time consuming to save each invoice to disk then manually email, and no easy way to email statements at all, best workaround I can find is to print each one to PDF then manually email, which is a weaste of many hours...

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Gav

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @MYOBGav , just wondering if you tried both levels of Office repair, Quick and Online (the latter takes longer)?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

MYOBGav
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike - I just tried both, quick repair again plus online (didn't do online before).  This has resolved the issue.  Thanks so much for your suggestion, I am overjoyed that it is working again, and very grateful to you!! :-)

Cheers

Gav

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post