Committed breakdown is no longer visible for us through Item Information Window - Accountright SE

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Martin_Hopkins
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Committed breakdown is no longer visible for us through Item Information Window - Accountright SE

Hi, Hoping someone can assist with this. We can no longer drill into Committed, On Order or Available by pressing the arrow in the Item Information Window. Has something changed? I recorded a quick video to demo the issue. Here's the link, copy & past in your browser.  TIA!

https://www.loom.com/share/1b00498ee0324574abc971f0273c7925 

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Committed breakdown is no longer visible for us through Item Information Window - Accountright SE

Hi @Martin_Hopkins 

Selecting the Committed value on an item's record loads up the Analyse Inventory [Detail] report with that item filtered. So my first question would be what happens if you run the report naturally i.e. Reports>>Inventory>>Analyse Inventory [Detial] -- Display Report. Does it work as expected or do you get the same result?

I also would be keen to know what happens in relation to the following:

• Does the same thing happen when you run the Analyse Inventory [Summary]?
  • If you run the Item Register [Detial] report for that item and an extended date range does the report run with data? Do the transactions roughly match up with what you would expect? Can you also happen with the Item [Sales Detail] report when also filtered to show orders?
  • Any other issues running other reports like the Item List [Summary] report?
  • Is the situation occurring for all items or only some items?
  • You also mentioned you are running the AccountRight Server Edition, is it just on that computer or are multiple computers impacted?

If I was to take a guess at what is happening, it's likely a transaction that has not been recorded correctly or broken itself in some way, and therefore when you run that report it's failing to load due to that transaction. However, if you want to confirm the above situation we further analyse the situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Martin_Hopkins
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Committed breakdown is no longer visible for us through Item Information Window - Accountright SE

Hi Steven, Thanks for your comprehensive reply. The Detail report does not work either, the summary report does work though. Item Register Detail seems to work. Sales(Item Detail) works. Item List Summary report is fine. 

Situation is for all items.

Multiple PC's.

I may have found cause. I have a contractor implementing an API connection for importing PO's. I went to one of the test PO's & a MYOB crash occurred. I have attached a txt file of the crash info. I managed to delete the PO, and another one but still the issue exists.

What would you recommend. Thanks!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Martin_Hopkins 

Thanks for confirming that information. The Summary report working doesn't surprise me as it will not be looking too much into the overall transactions just the amounts, whereas the Detail one does list the transactions and therefore would be more looking at the individual transactions. I'm surprised that the other reports work fine though, I would have thought they would have failed based on the same principle.

With regards to the error report, having a read it looks like the system appears to be failing with regard to the terms of the transaction.

(Unknown): ShowUIView(EnterPurchases,...,...) ---> MYOB.Huxley.API.HuxleyDataException: (DataInvalid): Data Entity Term.PaymentType is out of range. Unable to convert into TermsPaymentType

My overall recommendation would be to delete the transactions that have been sent by the API. If the crash is occurring when opening those transactions its a good indication that they are the ones that are generating this situation.  I would recommend speaking to that contractor as well as I would say there is a problem with the importing of those records with the API.

If deleting those transactions is not feasible, do you have a backup prior to that API work? If so, try restoring that backup with a different name. Run the report to see if worked and then see if you can send a transaction or a small number of transactions through that API. If so, generate the report does it generate the error? If so, does deleting that transaction/small number added through the API allow it to be run?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Martin_Hopkins
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply. There are two transactions (Purchase Orders). I have tried to delete them & MYOB crashes. Restoring a backup is possible however It's a real challenge due to the volume of transactions that will need re-entry. I have sent the file to DFR Team to review & hopefully we can organise a repair on our live file with minimal downtime.

I have stopped the contractor at this stage to allow us to find a "safe" method to progress with this API  integration development. eg. Don't use our live file! :-)

If you recommend a different approach to this, please advise.

Thanks for your help. Regards Martin

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Hi @Martin_Hopkins , I wonder how a transaction could be posted via the API with an invalid payment term. A question for the developer and the API team?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Martin_Hopkins 

Going through the data file repair process sounds like the path we were treading down as well.

If you are needing future assistance don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post