Customer Card File Detail and Activity Reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DugIn
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer Card File Detail and Activity Reports

Is there a Report that I can pull that will give me a listing  by customer of their last 12 month sales, discount rate, last purchase date, and Identifier? This info needs to be out put in a single line per customer, so when exported to Excel it is immediately usable and can be easily manipulated. The standard "Summary" gives very little detail; and the "Detail" Report spreads the information across multiple line when exported. The report I am looking for should be a standard Sales report, but it isn't available in MYOB. 

10 REPLIES 10
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Customer Card File Detail and Activity Reports

Hi @DugIn 

If you are looking to see the transactions associated with a Card - the Card Transactions [Accrual] report would be the ideal one as it would show all the transactions. Alternatively, a report like the Sales Register Detail [All Sales] for that customer/additional filter would be the recommendation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

DugIn
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve_M

I spent 80 minutes on hold yesterday with the MYOB Helpdesk, and a further 60 (est) to get no luck. There is no way I can pull the information in one report from MYOB. They did suggest what you have but it does not give me what I want. I do not need the deatil I simply want Customer Name, Identifier, Last Purchase Date, YTD Sales, Customer Volume Discount. You can't even pull the Discount into a Customised Card List. Why is it that MYOB has field they don't use? This is very frustrating when trying to manage customers. Thanks for the response, but its not what I need. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @DugIn 

I see you have posted a similar request elsewhere on this Forum: Exporting a Custom List from Card File to Excel I've provided a response to the best report that I would run, which may need to be in conjunction with other reports to get you the desired information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

DugIn
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank Steve_M I read your message. Sad that for such a simple report it is way too complicated for MYOB to handle. 

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

492Posts

38Kudos

36Solutions

Hi @DugIn 

Suggest you look at some of the MYOB add-on Apps to help you with more Advanced reporting over Sales and Margin Data.

As an example our Business Intelligence solution BI4cloud may get you closer  to what you are looking for.

Below is a screen shot of a standard Sales & Margin by Customer report:

• Select any Date Range
  • See Actual Sales, GP and Margin % achieved
  • See Discount % given and Pre Discount Gross $Sales
  • Drill down on a Customer to see the same data listed by Items sold
  • Filter or Sub-total by Custom Lists or Custom Fields ( from either the Customer Card or the Item Card)
  • For more examples see - Sales - Understand your Margins

margin by Customer.png

Note we do not report over the Identifier fields only the Custom Lists and Custom Fields 

See - Use Custom Lists to Categorise Customers and Items together

If you think this may help to save you time go to BI4Cloud.com and please do the 14 day free trial.

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
DugIn
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Jennifer for your response.

just 2 things I won't be spending any more money on MYOB as this should be a standard report; and I think you missed what I am trying to do. Its not about margins, it is simply about trying update my Customer base, so Volume Discount given per customer, and probably the terms we gave them, so we can review, cull, alter their status. A simple one line report available in most other software. 

So the report would have headings : 

Customer Name

Identifier

Last Date Purchased

YTD Sales Total $

Terms

Volume Discount

All these fields are available in the Card File, but even if you try to customise the card list volume discount is unavailable.  This should be a simple report to write if there was a report writer. 

Thanks for the response, but no teddy bear. 

DugIn
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Jennifer again. I have just used the Export Assistant to pull a report similar, but it does not export it to Excel only text. 

The process was Card File>File> Import/Export Assistant, I then followed the prompts. As I said sadly it come out in a TXT File into Notepad, and the fields with in the report are all scattered. Dumbfounded why it couldn't export to Excel. Any suggestions.  

Jennifer_Kelly
Super Partner
492 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

492Posts

38Kudos

36Solutions

Hi @DugIn 

Sorry no not sure why you can't get that out to excel.

Jennifer Kelly CA
BI4Cloud- powered by Interactive Reporting
02 8011 1511
www.BI4Cloud.com
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,868 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,868Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @DugIn , the Import/Export assistant has only ever worked with text files (comma- or tab-delimited). Only the reports have the option to send to Excel.

You can copy the contents of a tab-delimited text file and paste it into an open Excel worksheet for further analysis. The import/export assistant now gives you the option to display the file after the export is finished. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post