Customer Overpayments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JoanneSweno
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Customer Overpayments

I am trying to record a customer overpayment.  The customer has overpaid an invoice twice.  The invoice was for $7414.  The first payment was for $3500, second payment was for $3000 leaving a balance owing of $914.  They then made another payment of $3000 so when applied to the invoice, created a credit of $2086.  They then made another overpayment of $1414, making a total of $3500 overpaid.  When I try to apply the $1414 to the invoice (which should now be closed), including closed sales, it is only showing a previous closed invoice, not the one I want to apply the payment to. I have refunded them the $3500.

3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,171 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,171Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Re: Customer Overpayments

Hi @JoanneSweno 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

There are different ways to handle customer overpayments, you can apply the second payment ($1414) to the same invoice.

I'll provide you our Help Article, Customer overpayments and double payments, that has detailed instructions to assist with this. 

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

JoanneSweno
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

When I try to apply the $1414 to the same invoice, I tick the closed sales box but the invoice is not showing as closed to be able to apply the $1414.  Is that because it has a credit of $2086 from the first overpayment? Do I need to to go to 'Returns and Credits' and 'Pay Refund' first for the $2086 credit so the invoice will show as closed? I hope this makes sense

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,171 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,171Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @JoanneSweno 

Thank you for your response.

Could you please try checking your invoice if it is still showing as open in the open invoices fields. I would recommend to settle the credit for the first over payments and process refund. Then try to apply the other overpayments to the same invoice. This should be showing once you ticked the include closed invoice. 

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post