DATE ALERTS FOR INVOICING

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Henrik
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

DATE ALERTS FOR INVOICING

Hi

The below is a copy and paste from a post August 2019. This issue is something MYOB must address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** August 2019 POST **

Is there a way to have AccountRight prompt you with an alert if you are going to invoice an order with an old date.
We previously used MYOB and it would alert us before completing the invoice that we were using an old date.
After having this luxury for over 10 years we are quite used to it, and now we are constantly finding invoices with older dates (as we did not update them at the time of invoicing).
Again, is there a way to set up an alert or prompt telling the user that the date about to be invoiced is an old

date?
If there is not, this is something you should definitely look into for future software updates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are several issues with MYOB's date configuration that cause unnecessary potentially serious problems.

** EXAMPLE **

My company provides a 'sales' quote to a customer in July and let's say we convert that quote to an order in August. Staff have to remember in a busy environment to manually change to the current date. ( It should be automated as it is when you convert a 'purchase' quote to an order )

The consequence of this is that when you convert August orders to customer invoices the July quote that you converted to an order sits in July and is missed for August and is not sent to your customer. ( Not all customers will remind you they have not received an invoice and we have experienced a loss of revenue due to this)

Another frustrating consequence of MYOB not automatically updating to the current date when converting either quotes or sales orders is that the incorrect date is also applied to any new quotes , sales orders or invoices. So the problem perpetuates.

Surely MYOB can either issue a flag alert or better still make the change so that the automatic date change occurs the same as when you convert a 'purchase quote to a purchase order'.

This should be an easy solve for a relatively small glitch that causes time consuming problems and embarrassment to my company when having to explain to my clients MYOB's failings.

This type of non-action by MYOB is why people are turning to XERO and other software.

Please fix it.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: DATE ALERTS FOR INVOICING

Hello @Henrik 

Thank you for your post. 

Our development team is aware of this and is working on resolving this. 

I suggest clearing your AccountRight cache and once the invoice has been converted, if the date doesn't show today's date, then when you manually change it. This should cause the next one to hold the correct date.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post