Documents Attachments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NovaConcepts
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Documents Attachments

We have been attaching Creditor Invoices into Purchases for sometime but over the last couple of days, it will take the attachment but when save and go back into the Purchase, it has disappeared.

This only seems to be happening when opening as a PO and updating to a Bill.

Anyone else have this problem?

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Documents Attachments

Hi @NovaConcepts 

Welcome to the Community Forum. To explain why it is happening, first I'll explain the difference between the type of transactions. 

A purchase order is a purchase where no service/item has been received yet. 

bill is a purchase where either the service/item are received or payment has been requested by the supplier.

As purchase orders are usually estimations and not the final payment required, generally you would not need to link a document to that type of transaction, so the In Tray is designed to store documents against bills only.  

For this reason it is only possible to link a document to a bill. If you choose Purchase Order after clicking Create New Bill, it is no longer a bill and therefore no document will be linked. If you have purchase orders that have a document you would like to attach, you will need to convert it to a Bill first.

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post