Error message from using recurring orders and invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Patti_Syme
Experienced Cover User
146 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

146Posts

30Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error message from using recurring orders and invoices

Hi, using Accountright 2020.4.2

Have had this error ever since upgrading to 2020.3 or 4.  Can't remember, its been months.  Getting real tired of it.

Each time I create an customer invoice from either a recurring order or invoice it throws up this message.   If I select close the invoice is saved then I have to email it manually later. Would love this glitch fixed.

MYOB error.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Error message from using recurring orders and invoices

Hi @Patti_Syme 

Thanks for your post. So that I can look into this for you can you please provide the error log by clicking on View error details when you get that message. This help article has detailed information which may be of assistance: Error: Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Patti_Syme
Experienced Cover User
146 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

146Posts

30Kudos

1Solutions

Hi, error message attached

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Patti_Syme 

Do you have Setup>>Preferences>>Sales>>Automatically Email Sales When They are Recorded enabled? If so, try disabling that preference and you should be able to generate those sales from the recurring transaction. The invoices can be emailed through the Send to>>Email or via the Print/Email Invoices window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Patti_Syme
Experienced Cover User
146 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

146Posts

30Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

I disabled the automatic email and created a test invoice from a recurring invoice.  It worked, no error message.

Not really happy with this though because for years I have been able to email my invoices as I create them.  I need to do this because I send attachments with them.  This is not possible via the Print/email Invoices button.

During the last few weeks/months that I have had this problem I have to manually email each invoice after I have created and dealt with the error message.   This is slow for me and I have actually missed out sending a couple of invoices.   This error started with an update, surely it can be fixed?    The update messed up some of my custom reports too which I have had to re-create.    I have to watch MYOB now to make sure it is doing what it is supposed to.  Not great after using it for over 20 years with it being so stable.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Patti_Syme 

The particular situation of having that automated email functionality enabled and recording those recurring transactions generating that message is something that we have passed across to the required team for further investigation. As yet we don't have a timeframe for resolution. In the meantime, disabling that preference is the workaround to allow those transactions to be recorded without the message getting generated.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post