Error message - negative inventory

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WaihiCH
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Error message - negative inventory

Hi there,

When I go into Setup>Preferences>Security and tick the box to lock or unlock a period, I get the attached warning message.  I can click OK and the message goes away, but I would like for this to not show at all.

I don't have any items that have negative on-hand quantities, so I'm unsure how to remove this message or correct what needs to be corrected.

This was a warning message that I inherited when I took over the accounting role for this business.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Re: Error message - negative inventory

Hi @WaihiCH 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Thank you for reaching out about this. We are sorry for the late reply. May we ask if you’re still getting the error message on your end? If so, to assist you further may you please send a private message along with the following details below:

• Serial Number
  • Company Name
  • Your Full Name and Email Address
  • Screenshot of the exact error message your are receiving. 

We will be waiting for your response. 

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,039 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,039Posts

919Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Error message - negative inventory

Hi @WaihiCH 

The message refers to items with negative on hand quantities 'or have been received without a bill' - do you use MYOB's Receive Items feature?

To check, open Purchase Register, select Orders tab, set start date to 1/7/2000 - check for a tick in Received column - any there? Any dated before the proposed Locked Period Date? If yes, then these are what the message refers to. Suggest you spend some time in the Support section searching for 'Received Items' or similar for a better understanding of how this works.

Whenever you Receive Items against an Order, MUST convert that Order to a Bill. 

If you do not use Received Items (that is, there are no ticks) - there may be a bug in your file that needs to be fixed. Suggest you send requested details to @Shella_A 

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post