Importing sales Invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Bern458
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing sales Invoices

HI 

The import process has been working fine but last week started producing the attached error file.  I can not see what has changed in the creation of the import data file from the source (Fleetmatics Work) and the excel code to convert the data has not changed in 15 months.  Attached is the myob error log for importing the nsw csv file and the import file.

Bernard Lakey

3 REPLIES 3
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Importing sales Invoices

Hi @Bern458 

I've tried to replicate this and was able to import both the files without any issues. The error you're getting can be caused if the path to that file is too long, therefore, can you please try saving the import file on the desktop and then try the import again.

Let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Bern458
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

HI Komal 

Thanks for your answer.  the import file was just the first 2 records out of thousands as an example of the import  format.  I have finally figured it out.  Somewhere in the source data system a user is inserting a carrage return in the notes field.  While excel code can deal with the the carrage return the import process in Myob turns the carrage return into a new record.  Not so easy to find in throusands of rows.  But for any one interested in excel code these line will find and remove both line feeds and carrage returns - but does run a bit slower!

Cells.Replace What:="" & Chr(13) & " ", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, ReplaceFormat:=False, FormulaVersion:=xlReplaceFormula2
Cells.Replace What:="" & Chr(10) & " ", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, ReplaceFormat:=False, FormulaVersion:=xlReplaceFormula2

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Bern458 

Thanks for explaining the solution. I'm sure other members of the community will find it useful.

Feel free to post should you have other queries or suggestions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post