Incorrect negative values in analyse sales report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JShore
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Incorrect negative values in analyse sales report

I am working with accountright- multi currency. I need help to figure out why some items in my analyse sales report has a negative value when I know it shouldn't be. The purchasing of the product is correct and the invoiced sales is correct and there is a profit, gross profit and % margin is incorrect on the report . The international purchases are edited when we know what the currency rate is at time of paying the bill, not sure if this is a factor because most of the time it is correct.  How do I correct it in the report ? 

1 REPLY 1
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,863Posts

1,027Kudos

756Solutions

Re: Incorrect negative values in analyse sales report

Hi @JShore , editing a purchase after a sale has been recorded will not change the cost of that sale, which is determined when the sales invoice is recorded, and is not subsequently changed. What editing a bill does is change only the stock value, and therefore the item's average cost, which will now be incorrect, which will affect subsequent sales and show a wrong gross margin. 

If you must change a purchase bill, you need to make a stock adjustment on any/all items on that bill to bring them back to what they should be. 

Also note that since a recent version, changes to sales invoices after first recording do not result in updating cost of sales when the invoice is changed and re-recorded.

Have your Analyse Sales reports been correct in the past?

What AccountRight version (country/number) are you using?

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post